Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Brett, waiting for this little Telarc gem I found, $14.00. 51uO4wwdt5L.jpg

Oh WoW! You gotta let me know how it is. It's even got a caution sticker. LOL! I love it already. :banana:

When crooner Frankie Laine sings the Theme from Rawhide, Brett, you'll be back in the saddle again.

And those COWS! You'll have a stampede right in the comfort of your listening room and NEVER pose the question 'Where's the BEEF' again.:yikes

When crooner Frankie Laine sings the Theme from Rawhide, Brett, you'll be back in the saddle again.

And those COWS! You'll have a stampede right in the comfort of your listening room and NEVER pose the question 'Where's the BEEF' again.:yikes

I saw that disc and put it in my cart. If anything, it looks hilarious. I might go ahead and check out just for the fun of it. Like mark says, it's only $15 or so. :)

Brett, waiting for this little Telarc gem I found, $14.00.View attachment 28723

For those looking for Telarc discs on the cheap, I'd strongly suggest looking at Newbury Comics's Amazon store - I believe they purchased most of the stock of Telarc SACDs and have been selling them off ever since: https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=me=A96CQQZGK78UG&field-keywords=sacd

They're even cheaper in store (usually $5.99 for the same discs that sell for $9.99 online).

Tim Bowness - Lost in the Ghost Light, followed by
Tim Bowness - Stupid Things That Mean the World, followed by
Blackfield - V
all accompanied by a lovely Talisker malt whiskey :sun

Tim Bowness - Lost in the Ghost Light, followed by
Tim Bowness - Stupid Things That Mean the World, followed by
Blackfield - V
all accompanied by a lovely Talisker malt whiskey :sun

A few (can't remember who) don't seem to be much impresses with Blackfield V. How bout you?
Oh, and the malt whiskey sounds divine....

A few (can't remember who) don't seem to be much impresses with Blackfield V. How bout you?
Oh, and the malt whiskey sounds divine....

Blackfield V - the sound quality is a bit variable, as others have said, different producers and different surround mixers throughout. When the surround is good, its very good though. As for the songs, its my third listen and apart from the last song (From 44 to 48) nothing has jumped out as particularly memorable yet. Its very good late night listening, but not much tempo variation. It needs more listens, (and perhaps more whiskey!)

As for the Tim Bownesses, the music is more varied and interesting to me than Blackfield. His vocals are quite samey throughout. Surround mixes (both Bruce Soord) are great.

I saw that disc and put it in my cart. If anything, it looks hilarious. I might go ahead and check out just for the fun of it. Like mark says, it's only $15 or so. :)

Another FUN romp, Gene with that Telarc caution sticker and cheap! https://www.amazon.com/Big-Picture-...&ie=UTF8&qid=1487892268&sr=1-47&keywords=sacd

The Jumanji cut alone is worth the price of admission with all those crazy wild animals stampeding from back to front in the comfort of your listening room. :banana:

Back