Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What is this live box you talk about? Is it audio only? Can it be found? I guess I didn't know about it. :yikes
Audio only, yes!

Terrific DVD-Video versions in DTS 5.1 of
- Genesis Live (extended with more songs from Lamb)
- Box set exclusive 1973 concert from the Selling England tour (my favorite of the three)
- Second's Out

There are more later live discs as well, but only on CD - I am not interested and have not even listened to these.

Still, highly recommended for the three DTS discs mentioned above. I do not know how hard it is to get hold of this one...

What is this live box you talk about? Is it audio only? Can it be found? I guess I didn't know about it. :yikes

Gene you must pay more attention good buddy.

Up until about 2 maybe 3 yrs ago the Grey Box was still available at a good price at Burning Shed !!

I think she's now gone though too bad and sorry to be the bringer of bad news. This is a highly collectable Genesis Early Years Live set , featuring 5.1 of GENESIS GENESIS LIVE (73) , GENESIS-LIVE AT THE RAINBOW (73), and GENESIS-SECONDS OUT (77) and 5 stereo concert discs.

You may still be able to snag one with a thorough search of various sites , prices will now be higher unfortuneatly.

Pink Floyd-Meddle

(The BDA Easter egg conversion)

20170818_204117.jpg

Fleetwood Mac-Tusk 5.1

this disc just grows on me. Had it back in the day but was never enamoured with it so I wasn't overly thrilled when it came out in surround, but now---she's good, sounds great too.

20170817_201912.jpg

My newly acquired (new, unopened) copy of Roxy Music - Avalon (SACD)

Yeah, I've heard it before...but somehow....since I now own a hard/copy...it sounds better. Hee! The case and disc look perfect. :) I guess $89 is OK to spend at this point...considering the smile I have on my face. :):):):)

:banana:Just got a second row :yikes ticket to see Beck tonight:banana:

HELL YES. Me thinks it's time to celebrate.

Beck - Guero DVD-A

IMG_0282.jpg

Last edited:
The Thekla is by favourite Bristol venue, the sound isn't that bad considering you're standing in the hold of an old banana boat!

My first gig there and I enjoyed it very much, the parking and getting aboard where painless and the hold was nowhere near filled, I thought there would be more in to see the band but it seems I'm one of a small number of fans, support where good too, Tilt, I bought their CD.
However the trip from Swansea to Bristol was a nightmare, frequent go-slows and complete stand-stills on the M4 a usual 2 hour drive took 2½, still well worth it.

Back