Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
chicago_zpsck4qs6fo.jpg

Watched the Chicago documentary on Netflix the other day - and loved (the first half) of it. Nice to see the guys in those early years - when they made these great albums - and now to listen to them in discrete 4.0.

chicago_zpsck4qs6fo.jpg

Watched the Chicago documentary on Netflix the other day - and loved (the first half) of it. Nice to see the guys in those early years - when they made these great albums - and now to listen to them in discrete 4.0.
I have never really into Chicago, after watching the "Netflix" documentary my opinion has not changed, great musicians undoubtedly, but their music just leaves me cold.

More Djabe, live this time, on blu ray:

inblue_zpsqsokk5o8.jpg

The cover says:
It was one of the live surround shows of the Down and Up album tour.
Cool :smokin

Excellent picture, sound and surround mix on this disc - but it has a DTS HD Hi Res soundtrack, not Master HD - not often I see this. Sounds great though, 96/24.

There are also some bonus features with Steve Hackett in an acoustic setting, tank driving etc :banana:

That's funny Spock, just came in here to say I'm listening to Ayreon - The Source and yours was the last post, with Ayreon. :D

I'm very new to this band but I've heard a couple of their albums a couple of times, but listening to The Source for the first time right now and I am really loving it a lot. :music

"All Killer, No Filler"...Tonight's randomly generated surround playlist (from my "Ultimate Surround Playlist"):

The Doors "People Are Strange" (Best of Doors SACD)
Chicago "Ballet For A Girl In Buchannon" (Quadio Box BD-A)
Gentle Giant "Talybont" (Free Hand DVD-A- channels corrected)
Jeff Beck Group "I've Been Used" (Rough And Ready SACD)
The Beatles "A Day In The Life" (Love DVD-A)
Anthony Phillips "Which Way The Wind Blows" (The Geese And The Ghost DVD-A)
Pink Floyd "Wish You Were Here Side 2" (Quad BD-A)
Bob Marley "Is This Love" (Legend BD-A)

The Boss!

plugged_zpssrh6yd4r.jpg

Excellent perfomance, a "plugged" MTV concert from 1992 - on a 2004 dvd with Dolby Digital 5.1 mix. Mixed by Bob Clairmountain?!? Not discrete but with a nice use of the rears - creating a very "BIG" sound - sounds great!

Is this dts 96/24?

from dedicated thread:
... the album was recorded/mastered in 24bit 44.1...so no point in 24/96.
But I can assure you the DTS sounds great....also I'm more than happy to offer a download of FLAC or raw 24/44.1 wavs to anybody who buys the album, and contacts me with proof of purchase...
Im about to offer ALL (Magenta/Kompendium/Solo,etc) the back catalogue in 5.1 FLAC as digital downloads...Info to follow.
thanks
ROB REED

Finally getting around this one. Superb sound and crazy Montenegro Quad sound. Love it. The rhythm section is fabulous. :)

Hugo Montenegro: Hugo in Wonder-Land & Neil's Diamonds (Vocalion SACD)

Best thing about the Acura is rediscovering awesome 5.1 mixes again. from the first beat, "Remain in Light" by Talking Heads (5.1 DVDA) sounds so awesome in the Acura! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tonight's randomly generated surround playlist:

Bryan Adams "Ain't Gonna Cry" (Reckless BD-A)
Boston "Smokin'"
The Doobie Brothers "Ukiah" (The Captain And Me DVD-A)
Gentle Giant "Talybont" (Free Hand DVD-A)
Judas Priest "You Got Another Thing Comin'"
John Lennon "Woman" (Lennon Legend DVD-V)
Van Halen "Dance The Night Away"
The Cars "You're All I've Got Tonight"
Lynyrd Skynyrd "Swamp Music" (Southern Surroundings DVD-A)
Fleetwood Mac "Tusk" (Tusk DVD)
Henry Mancini "The Orange Float" (Return Of The Pink Panther QR)
Fleetwood Mac "Miranda" (Say You Will DVD-A)... this surround mix is AMAZING if you turn up the rears a few decibels
Pink Floyd "If" (Atom Heart Mother Quad BD-A)
Judy Collins "Since you Asked" (Colors of The Day SACD)... WTF? How'd that get in there?!

Back