Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
P F -The Division Bell. 5.1-no way !

It's just as Andy Jackson said 》 She's basically QUAD ! And I like it better than when I first heard it in stereo many yrs back.

A very big THANKYOU goes to our very own SimonA who managed to "snag " me a copy . Thanks muchly Simonizer. :smokin :D:D

For "Gos" sake ! (a pic)

On to-nites menu------a lotta DOORS ! DVDA 'S with mucho bonus 5.1 ! And the first disc is really stereo . You cannot put surround on any product that is 3ch front , even the ambience is disappointing . It's just not surround , too bad though.

20170318_114831.jpg20170318_114839.jpg

I should really connect a good quad decoder in the receiver prior to those analog cables----would give some type of arcing of surround source in a quadrant ?, but only have maybe a handful of 3ch discs. Oh well.

The Doors - L.A. Woman (AP SACD)

Funny, but now The Doors always remind me of fellow QQer Clint Eastwood. :eek:

Just picked this up from Discogs. Superb audio quality. Nicely discrete surround mix by one of the masters: Elliot Scheiner

Scaggs vocals are centered and crystal clear. Excellent front stage presentation, with enough discrete rear elements to make this interesting.

Another demo-quality recording!
Boz_Scaggs_Dig.jpg

DVD-A Queen Play The Game, I love Queen, have everything. I decided to see Queen with Adam Lambert at SAP in San Jose when they come. Once I bought the tickets I got excited that I will see a great show.

djabedvd_zpsxdbedxkl.jpg

Djabe live with Steve Hackett in discrete dts surround, very nice :smokin

Very cool that they play some old Genesis songs too, very proggynice!

Olu Dara...Neighborhoods (DVD-Audio)

For fans of everything New Orleans...it's s a boiled down roux of world music, Mississippi blues and all that funky jazz. It features Dr.John doin' his thing too... Why has no one told me about this cat?

I've the SQ LP so its been great listening to the Quad on the BD-A, it just sounds so much better:)

I am loving this, too! Wonderful Quad mix and groovy music. :banana:
It's great to hear that the BD-A compares favorably with the SQ LP. I know the general consensus is that Floyd produced better music from Meddle onward, but to be honest I listen to AHM more than The Wall. So, it is fabulous to have this on Bluray. My local record shop had a deal on it, so I went ahead and took the plunge for the whole box set yesterday. I am not much of a computer whiz, but I hope the Quad mix for Meddle is hidden in there some where. ;)

Now listening to Echoes (BD-A) :brew

Back