Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Clint Eastwood

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
I got around to looking at the Blood, Sweat & Tears release as well, then decided to go ahead and get both items. What the hell, right? I started thinking about how many times I've been burned in the past by waiting too long, so that did it. It's been a hell of a year for high-res in general, hasn't it?
I wasn't in the hobby when DVD-A got started so for me this year has been the greatest period of releases so far:phones

I wasn't in the hobby when DVD-A got started so for me this year has been the greatest period of releases so far:phones

I started in '06 with Porcupine Tree's In Absentia and Deadwing, then I got a lot of the other DTS Entertainment titles (DTS CDs, DVD-Vs and DVD-As). It just went on from there, and luckily I managed to get a lot of the original DVD-A titles (including Rhino/WEA) for normal prices. Lots of SACDs along the way, but I've never quite liked them as much as DVD and Blu-ray.

After moving another foot of snow from the driveway and surrounding areas, my brain kept playing "Snowbound", so once I came in and dried off, it was an easy move to the DVD-A of "Kamakiriad".

Wake me up when the wolves come out to play

1362418360_1362415514_police.jpg

Always wondered how the heck they come up with the name for a song GREEN ONIONS....so....WIKI says:

According to Steve Cropper, the name is not a marijuana reference; rather, the track is named after the Green Badger's cat, Green Onions, whose way of walking inspired the riff. Songfacts.com, however, ascribes the track's title to Booker T. Jones. When asked by Jim Stewart what he'd named his track, Songfacts reports, Jones replied "Green Onions." "'Why "Green Onions"?' Jim asked. Booker T: 'Because that is the nastiest thing I can think of and it's something you throw away.'"

On a Wait Wait... Don't Tell Me! broadcast on June 24, 2013, host Peter Sagal asked Booker T. why his song was called, "Green Onions". Booker T. said, "The bass player thought it was so funky, he wanted to call it, 'Funky Onions', but they thought that was too low-class, so we used 'Green Onions' instead."

Back