Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Going to rock out to-nite with this boogie rock band.(GOT A ROCKET IN MY POCKET "), and a finger in the socket ! :D :couch

And the performance is as good as or better than "Waiting For Columbus " their unreleased 5.1 album of a live concert.

So this one we get. (y)

FWIW this is the best sounding rockpalast release on dvd , I have ever heard.

LITTLE FEAT-SKIN IT BACK. DVD DTS

20180102_164628.jpg20180102_164643.jpg

Back To Back - Brecker Brothers (CD-4 Quad)

still love this one.. soooo much! :music :sun :banana: :woopie

Mr. Dutton or Mr. Vocalion, if you're out there, please consider this for your Surround SACD releases, its
"da bomb"! :nuke

Back To Back - Brecker Brothers (CD-4 Quad)

still love this one.. soooo much! :music :sun :banana: :woopie

Mr. Dutton or Mr. Vocalion, if you're out there, please consider this for your Surround SACD releases, its
"da bomb"! :nuke

Never had that "sucker" back in the day....ok I'm on board , let's hope DV reissues it from their Arista finds. And maybe Outlaws, and Eric Carmen as well.:D(y)

And thankyou to GOS (The Gene Jeanie).(y)

Miles Davis -Sketches Of Spain

Absolutely amazes me that Monster ( Mr.Lee) can get such a great surround mix from this disc recorded in 1960 !! But then he does have Vince Gauraldi from 1966 to his credit .

He shoulda bought out Silverline's/Sanctuary 50's and 60's and early 70's catalogue....FWIW !!!

20180112_184436.jpg

And brooded over these 2 from R.E.M.

Out Of Time DVDA....

.and ...Reveal DVDA...

.hadn't listened to Reveal for approximately 10 years now,and boy is it ever a moody disc . It was also my first REM DVDA , bought it in 02 I believe, and like most people here on QQ...at that time I could only get the DD 5.1 tracks in surround.

20180112_213826.jpg20180112_213840.jpg

Never had that "sucker" back in the day....ok I'm on board , let's hope DV reissues it from their Arista finds. And maybe Outlaws, and Eric Carmen as well.:D(y)

fingers crossed DV can work their magic on the Arista Quads!! :upthumb

meantime CD-4 LPs of Back To Back are still available on the aftermarket ready and waiting to be snapped up and demodulated.. maybe the odd copy of it on Q8 too but i've yet to find one the last 6-7 months of snooping online for the tape it seems to be less common than its CD-4 equivalent! :D

I was playing it too when the "lights went out in Georgia"...err...the forum was down for maintenance...hard to believe that song was released in 1959 and sounds that good...that's my idea of jazz...makes me think of dimly lit jazz clubs of days gone by...

There is a "dimly lit jazz club" nearby that I love to catch the occasional show at. Yoshi's in Oakland. My last show was Booker T. and it was a hell of a show.
He had his son on guitar. He was obviously proud and they played very well together. An intimate room. So cool.

Spliiiiiiiiiiit Coco-nuuuuuut : Dave Mason

oh how i'd dearly love to hear this one freed of its SQ chains... :smokin

All 3 Masons from D-V would be phenomenal.

I have yet to hear the self-titled in quad, but I really enjoy "It's Like You Never Left" & "Split Coconut".

Weird Al Yankovic - Straight Outta Lynwood

I realize most people here probably don't take him seriously, but I've been a Weird Al fan since around 1987. In college, around 2003, I got into surround music. So, when this album came out, it was a real treat. Hearing his standard polka medley mixed in surround was actually a bit emotional (that's also an interesting mix with tuba being the only instrument in the center channel!).

I've been going through a Weird Al phase lately and dusted off this DVD. Really tasteful surround mixing.

Otherwise, my latest listens were:
Yes - Relayer
XTC - Drums and Wires
Gentle Giant - The Power and the Glory

Back