Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
John Fogerty- Premonition (DD DVD-V)- the surround mix on this is phenomenal!!

ES takes the discreteness even further that the Eagles' Farewell Tour here...rhythm guitar players each get a rear speaker. The set list is good- lots of Creedence hits and Fogerty solo stuff ("Centerfield"). The mixes on the CCR tracks are for the most part better than the CCR Gold quad.

I must collect all other ES-mixed live concerts now. Is he the only one who understands that a live show can be presented as more than stereo with ambient rears?

Long Road Home also has a good surround mix.(y)

I like Fogerty's single hit "Centerfield" fwiw.....really too bad CCR and his solos have'nt been released in surround though.

Whilled away the evening listening to more elctro in surround.

I very much like this one with strange animation views . Super surround DTS , btw.:D

BT-This Binary Universe DTS DVD

20180120_201843.jpg

I like Fogerty's single hit "Centerfield" fwiw.....really too bad CCR and his solos have'nt been released in surround though.

I like "Centerfield" as well and it fares really nicely in surround here. The real treat for me is the classic CCR tracks, some of which are missing from the quad ("Fortunate Son, "Who'll Stop The Rain").

The CCR studio stuff would be amazing in surround if in the right hands...unfortunately I think they were all issued as stereo SACDs and the "Chronicle" hits comp MCH SACD from Hong Kong is fake surround (See Jon's thoughts on that here: https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/fo...-Creedence-Clearwater-Revival-CHRONICLES-SACD).

A reissue of the CCR gold quad would be nice...it is a bit of a conservative mix but it has its moments. D-V maybe?

And completed my nite with this disc, actually listened through DISC #2 of a 2 disc set in SACD

Probably one of the most DISCRETE mixes ever for a live recording, hell .....they don't get any better than this masterpiece .

Kraftwerk -Minimum Maximum SACD (2) in Maximum Surround.

20180120_201907.jpg

Note : there is also a DTS DVD available for this 2004 Tour....or at least there was some time ago.

I like "Centerfield" as well and it fares really nicely in surround here. The real treat for me is the classic CCR tracks, some of which are missing from the quad ("Fortunate Son, "Who'll Stop The Rain").

A reissue of the CCR gold quad would be nice...it is a bit of a conservative mix but it has its moments. D-V maybe?

We can only hope one day....maybe through APP though, bit of a stretch for DV yet.

Had that CD-4 disc and yes it's kinda conservative for a quad best of , but I thought "Heard It Through The Grapevine" was not too limiting , and of course it is an extended version of Marvin's tune.

24 Karat is a great song selection, for sure... but Elvis '57 is on another level in terms of fidelity... it has incredibly clear vocals that are very clean (very little reverb); you really hear what an incredible voice Elvis had early on. You also hear the backing vocals and instrumentation really well with good stereo separation of the instruments on some songs... and it's also kind of fun hearing the different takes and Elvis talking during the recording sessions. I've heard both SACDs, but the sound quality of '57 has me listening over and over!

The way you describe that disc reminds me of this one...the vocals were just pristine...

The Kinks-One For The Road dvd[yes there is a dolby digital 5.1 mix on this disc but it's barely there].....I played it as my tribute to Jim Rodford[RIP].

The Kinks-One For The Road dvd[yes there is a dolby digital 5.1 mix on this disc but it's barely there].....I played it as my tribute to Jim Rodford[RIP].

Really I thought this was stereo? Will check again.

Mike Vieira - Disturbing the Universe - BD-A PCM 5.1

(Playing it in surround for Brian, one of the musicians and a surround virgin)

Dude...you have done something that Snood and Gos have never done...it's not unusual for them to post in the 3rd person...but to use their real name and their forum name in the same post.... has to be a first..it's like a split/real personality post....by not "saying" one of my musicians" you stayed true to the Edisonbaggins persona:ugham:...

Edisonbaggins speaks to Mike Vieira...an instant classic folks:wave

Are they disturbing the Universe?

The universe has been disturbed, but in a good way!
It was such a treat to play Brian the album. He's been such a faithful friend over the years. I'm so pleased that he appears a lot on the record. He's heard a lot about surround from me over the years, but says he was simply blown away by how emersive, engaging and more fun surround music is!

The universe has been disturbed, but in a good way!
It was such a treat to play Brian the album. He's been such a faithful friend over the years. I'm so pleased that he appears a lot on the record. He's heard a lot about surround from me over the years, but says he was simply blown away by how emersive, engaging and more fun surround music is!

Why don't you get him to join the forum....he could keep us informed on your progress when you are overseas:)

Back