Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As for me, Brett, I'm currently listening to the fantastic, discrete, MLP DVD~A 5.1 of Djabe's 'Witchi Tai To," one of six DJABE MLP DVD~As I received from Hungary today. If you are not familiar with their stellar output, you should be. Crack the Whip GREAT! And cheap o ta ta, 2! http://djabe.hu/en/diszkografia/

Thanks for the tip!
I wouldn't blame you if you didn't go for Kawarane. It IS a bit out there, but I like it. Sometimes the rhythms remind me of those Japanese Kodo albums with the wild drums..although Kodo is more accessible.

Anyway...now listening to something much more conventional (with an ambient mix)

DO.GMA #2: American Stringbook (SACD)

David Diamond: Rounds for String Orchestra
Arthur Foote: Suite in E Op. 63
Samuel Barber: Serenade for String Orchestra Op. 1, Adagio for Strings Op. 11
William Schuman: Symphony No. 5

do.gma Chamber Orchestra
Mikhail Gurewitsch

Beautiful album of music for string orchestra. (and ridiculously cheap: $6.99 new on Amazon)

http://www.hraudio.net/showmusic.php?title=7661#reviews

Yes: Tales from Topographic Oceans (BD-A)

This is just great! Enjoyed it so much that I'm playing it again. Wonderfully expansive...

:51banana:

Last edited:
28uoab4.jpg

:51banana:

I'm slowly wading through the wonderful 6 Djabe MLP DVD~Audio 5.1 discs I received in yesterday's mail. It's refreshing to have some magnificently recorded discrete jazz/world music in my collection and since they're two sided discs with video on the other side....that's going to be another marathon session.

As we await the next few multichannel 'crumbs' coming from the reissue companies, SONY Japan and the 'minors,' it's great to know that a group in Hungary is so dedicated to the advancement of our cause........multichannel releases in thoughtfully conceived and annotated Super Audio jewel cases.

Next up is Djabe's 2013 DVD~A release 'DOWN and UP' with guest performer Steve Hackett on guitar and vocals.

After Blackfield V and the last SW song 44-48 is my favorite on this one needed some more SW so put on 4 1/2 and really looking forward to the next SW album as looking forward to listing it in the next surround listening experience.

Derek And The Dominos- "Layla..." (Elliott Scheiner Mix) :smokin

Stereo or 5.1 such a greeeeeeeeeeeeat album............my friends could never understand it when we were growing up, such a relaxing Saturday evening sunset album. :smokin

Have no idea how Snood got into when New Wave and Punk was the norm, but bought the LP waaaaaaaaay back and on it went to cassette lol :yikes

Then tortured my buddies for a few years with it...........hoping they still hear it in their dreams :rolleyes:

Stereo or 5.1 such a greeeeeeeeeeeeat album............my friends could never understand it when we were growing up, such a relaxing Saturday evening sunset album. :smokin

Have no idea how Snood got into when New Wave and Punk was the norm, but bought the LP waaaaaaaaay back and on it went to cassette lol :yikes

Then tortured my buddies for a few years with it...........hoping they still hear it in their dreams :rolleyes:

This was one of a handful of albums my mom would play when I was a kid (2nd grade) growing up in the Topanga Canyon sunshine... others were Fleetwood Mac "Rumours", Paul Simon "Kodachrome", John Denver's Greatest Hits, and Paul McCartney "Ram". All of these are still favorites after all these years! (We need those Paul Simon quads in hi-Rez, by the way!!!)

This was one of a handful of albums my mom would play when I was a kid (2nd grade) growing up in the Topanga Canyon sunshine... others were Fleetwood Mac "Rumours", Paul Simon "Kodachrome", John Denver's Greatest Hits, and Paul McCartney "Ram". All of these are still favorites after all these years! (We need those Paul Simon quads in hi-Rez, by the way!!!)

Your Mom freaking ROX :banana:

Back