Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Roger Waters - The Wall - Blu-ray - Dolby Atmos

WOW. Not only did I love the movie. I love how he made it personal. I also was astounded by the Atmos mix.
We tried half the concert in Dolby TrueHD without Atmos, then kicked in the Atmos.
The difference is NOT subtle. It was impressive and very, very cool. (y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)

Guitar Concertos, Narciso Yepes, guitar SACD (Navarro, London Symphony Orchestra, Pentatone)- Very wide soundstage with plenty of activity in the rears; Gorgeous virtuoso classical guitar accompanying good orchestral music. This is classical music that prog-rock fans could enjoy. The concertos by Guiliani and Castelnuovo-Tedesco are outstanding. Excellent guitar solos!(y)

I've been listening to this over and over in my car for the last several days... it's that good:)

Rammstein In Amerika (Bluray)

Awesome concert video of Rammstein's 2010 concert at Madison Square Garden. The fidelity is excellent. The surround mix has some discrete elements but is mostly ambient. It fills the room nicely. Video quality and camera work are first-rate. Songs are sung in German. A must for fans of metal.

Last nite's audio fare ,

The Doors-Soft Parade. DVDA

20171007_193534.jpg

A Slight Departure...Birdsong At Morning, managed to pickup a copy of this (CD+Bluray) for just £12.24 delivered from the good ol USA via Switzerland! Took a while for it to arrive but both discs and case in excellent condition. Not heard it before but went for it based on recommendations on here and glad I did.

A Slight Departure...Birdsong At Morning, managed to pickup a copy of this (CD+Bluray) for just £12.24 delivered from the good ol USA via Switzerland! Took a while for it to arrive but both discs and case in excellent condition. Not heard it before but went for it based on recommendations on here and glad I did.

Have you got a link for the seller please? I'm in the UK too, and have never seen this one for a reasonable price.

It was an Amazon market place seller Round3UK,but sorry they only had the one copy which I snapped up and half expected it to be simply the CD but got lucky and it was the real deal....I hadn’t seen it at such a good price before.

King Crimson-Argentina DVDA

QUAD from the nineties !

I love DVDA but with this release I find I want to view the DVD content , the 2 live shows in DTS 96/24 .

20171004_153924.jpg

Grieg - Peer Gynt Suites 1 & 2 SACD (Leppard/ English Chamber Orchestra/Pentatone)- Excellent music on this one; purely ambience in rears. Has 2 of "classical's greatest hits" (as determined by Looney Toons): "Morning Mood" and "In The Hall Of the Mountain King". Other greats include "Arabian Dance" and "Solveig's Song". Highly recommended for the music, not so much for the surround.

Grieg - Peer Gynt Suites 1 & 2 SACD (Leppard/ English Chamber Orchestra/Pentatone)- Excellent music on this one; purely ambience in rears. Has 2 of "classical's greatest hits" (as determined by Looney Toons): "Morning Mood" and "In The Hall Of the Mountain King". Other greats include "Arabian Dance" and "Solveig's Song". Highly recommended for the music, not so much for the surround.

Thanks for that. I've been on the lookout for a Grieg SACD, will search that one out. Cheers!

Thanks for that. I've been on the lookout for a Grieg SACD, will search that one out. Cheers!

FYI, there are surround SACD surveys of Grieg's orchestral works on both BIS and Audite (5 discs on Audite, 8 on BIS, which is a bit excessive for all but the completest), and both are excellent. Would also recommend picking up Sigurd Jorsofar (typo I'm sure) and his Holberg Suite. And the Piano Concerto, of course.

Back