Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hmmm... maybe so. All 6 5.1 input indicators lit up on my receiver, but it could be the silenced center/lfe thing they do.
The four corners are sure active as hell, in a good way. IIRC, Tomita did some overdubs and stuff, so maybe there is something in the center? :couch

Sorry about that, but the only reason I asked was I could swear I saw them on a Japanese SACD site advertising as quad 4.0

or 4.1 ?

FWIW : My DVDA/SACD player disc info will show when I click on the remote either 3/2/1 or for most quads 2/2 and sometimes 3/2 .(silent centre though). :D

Cool stuff! Thanks! :upthumb This is how Vangelis's Bladerunner soundtrack, Tangerine Dream (and everything else ;)) should be mixed!

I think I'll have to buy that movie now. It will be the only way to hear some Vangelis in 5.1 .:D

One day.......hopefully the T.D. albums will get released in surround. I know they have a few DD 5.1 Concerts, though.

I have that anniversary Pheadra Live in DD 5.1 . Not too bad .(y)

And I used to have 2 tracks in DTS from some album( ? ) provided on a Test DVD but lost it when I borrowed it out .

Cyndi Lauper: Front and Center
Porcupine Tree: The Incident
Tomita: The Ultimate Planets
Mott the Hoople: The Hoople

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This should go in the "Stereo sounding good in quad" thread, but I don't know where that is any more.

Oczy Mlody by the Flaming Lips, on LP through the Involve (QS) processor.

No surprise as it's the Lips, but this mix is VERY active.

Ringo 5.1 - The Surround Sound Collection

Just got this today....and...wow! Sounds amazing. As for the songs, well, you know...it's Ringo. So, not much in terms of ground breaking. Still....what a great surprise.

If you remotely care about Ringo via solo, buy this. It's wonderful. Very warm, tons of bass and I suppose I would say it's immersive. Some discreet stuff here and there, but mostly immersive. Excellent!

Ringo 5.1 - The Surround Sound Collection

Just got this today....and...wow! Sounds amazing. As for the songs, well, you know...it's Ringo. So, not much in terms of ground breaking. Still....what a great surprise.

If you remotely care about Ringo via solo, buy this. It's wonderful. Very warm, tons of bass and I suppose I would say it's immersive. Some discreet stuff here and there, but mostly immersive. Excellent!

Gene, do you have a link for this one as I have a Ringo 5.1 but its not one you are saying.

Back