Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Somebody's fault here at QQ, what fun:
IMG_0640_zpsdc9aqchz.jpg

And....

What's life without a little electronica ?!!!

answer- BORiNG.

Kraftwerk-Mi imum Maximum SACD. , KLAUS Schulze-Rheingold plus., dts dvd , Pete Namlook/Schulze. DTS CD

LAST NITE'S banquet fare .

20170427_180156.jpg

Captain Flantastic and The Brown Dirt Cowpie - EJ

listening to this now (in surround).. for the first time in ages.. its like meeting up with a dear old friend after way too long.. you've missed them.. but you didn't know it until you started playing the disc and the absolute surround gorgeousness of it hits you, all over again..

when your all-time favourite music receives a truly superb surround remix (still one of the best I've heard) its a multichannel marriage made in Heaven.

:worthy

"...something happened,
its so strange this feeling..
naive notions that were childish,
simple tunes that tried to hide it..
but when it comes,
don't.. you.. find..
we all fall in love sometimes"

Captain Flantastic and The Brown Dirt Cowpie - EJ

listening to this now (in surround).. for the first time in ages.. its like meeting up with a dear old friend after way too long.. you've missed them.. but you didn't know it until you started playing the disc and the absolute surround gorgeousness of it hits you, all over again..

when your all-time favourite music receives a truly superb surround remix (still one of the best I've heard) its a multichannel marriage made in Heaven.

:worthy

"...something happened,
its so strange this feeling..
naive notions that were childish,
simple tunes that tried to hide it..
but when it comes,
don't.. you.. find..
we all fall in love sometimes"

Hahaha! Adam, [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ah the big guns are out today! :worthy

still one of the best 5.1 music mixes I've ever heard.. when Scheiner nails it, he don't just nail it, he screws it down, hard.. he dowels it.. and he glues it with two part loctite, so that mix ain't never gonna fall apart on you.

he the MAN.

ah the big guns are out today! :worthy

still one of the best 5.1 music mixes I've ever heard.. when Scheiner nails it, he don't just nail it, he screws it down, hard.. he dowels it.. and he glues it with two part loctite, so that mix ain't never gonna fall apart on you.

he the MAN.

I love Your review of the surround-mix Adam :smokin it's like Hifi poetry :banana:

I love Your review of the surround-mix Adam :smokin it's like Hifi poetry :banana:

haha.. that's very kind of you Mr. Spock! live long and prosper! :upthumb

you know, i must have played Winelight in surround hundreds if not thousands of times by now.. and it still brings a smile from the moment it kicks in.. if all the people who have come along and had a go at remixing music in surround in the years since were to sit down and take a good listen to what Elliot Scheiner did with this album in surround sound, they might improve their mixes imho.. it should be part of the text book manual on "how to" do it right!

I wish Mr. Scheiner would come out of retirement but he's earned a rest with all those stunning mixes over the years I suppose.. most of all I just hope he is happy kicking back and can be contented with his many achievements.. this life lark's a one shot dealeeo and if there is such a thing as reincarnation he won't be coming back as supremo engineer legend again (sadly!).. but maybe a magical unicorn or something equally fabulous! i wish he would swing by QQ one day just so I could say a proper "thank you" for all the multichannel joy he has brought to my little life.

haha.. that's very kind of you Mr. Spock! live long and prosper! :upthumb

you know, i must have played Winelight in surround hundreds if not thousands of times by now.. and it still brings a smile from the moment it kicks in.. if all the people who have come along and had a go at remixing music in surround in the years since were to sit down and take a good listen to what Elliot Scheiner did with this album in surround sound, they might improve their mixes imho.. it should be part of the text book manual on "how to" do it right!

I wish Mr. Scheiner would come out of retirement but he's earned a rest with all those stunning mixes over the years I suppose.. most of all I just hope he is happy kicking back and can be contented with his many achievements.. this life lark's a one shot dealeeo and if there is such a thing as reincarnation he won't be coming back as supremo engineer legend again (sadly!).. but maybe a magical unicorn or something equally fabulous! i wish he would swing by QQ one day just so I could say a proper "thank you" for all the multichannel joy he has brought to my little life.

Well written! I agree 100% with you. Thankfully he did a lot of surround mixes - gotta get them all!

Santana III Q8 conversion - Great album, Great discrete mix... if only it was hi-res! The first 3 Santana's have excellent discrete Quad mixes... went to listen to "Amigos" SQ conversion because i love the song "Europa", but what a disappointing mix (nothing discrete in the rears, as far as I can tell). Hope we get the first 3 albums in hi-res!

teqaRcV.jpg

Another one from the Master :smokin

not worthy!! :worthy

only got one "gripe" with that set, the glaring omission of Sweet Home Alabama (the studio cut we all know) in surround but that's not the Multichannel Masters' fault if the multi's aren't there even he can't perform miracles! (maybe an upmix was considered, we'll doubtless never know! at least the BD-A has it in surround, albeit live.)

Holy Moses;) this afternoon I have been listening to: Elton John - Captain Fantastic and the Brown Dirt Cowboy, Elton John & Honky Château sacd
Yes, in that order! Well why not?:cool:

if they were all as good as these two in surround we wouldn't need the QQ Polls!

edit: there is one "deliberate mistake" in the HC 5.1 mix that once I heard it i can't now unhear it.. during "Think I'm Going To Kill Myself".. did you catch it?

Back