Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
165382_large.jpg

I love the mixes on that comp! #9 Dream is simply beautiful.

Haven't got that far in yet, but yeah, this is surprisingly discrete, with pretty great fidelity too. I tend to almost slightly over-boost my subs most of the time, and when 'Cold Turkey' kicked in, it was mega-kick drum overload! :yikes I guess bass extension can vary greatly on greatest hits compilations sometimes, but I'd rather work the remote on my end instead of having the different tracks just simply compressed to level-balance.

I love the mixes on that comp! #9 Dream is simply beautiful.

Ah! Bowakawa, pousse pousse

:upthumb

Stand By Me, by Lennon is amazing too. :smokin

Well, shit. Right after Stand By Me is Just Like Starting Over. Probably my favorite solo Lennon mix. Is Jeff Lynne influencing Lennon or vice versa?

Queen - Greatest Hits Vol. 2 Listening to 5.1 DTS 96/24 and Watching the videos too :)

This is a very nice discrete mix. First listen for a long time, forgot how good it is!

I just finished listening to Queen Greatest Video Hits I and the 5.1 mixes by Elliot Scheiner are simply outstanding. Really good stuff.

IMG_3452_1.jpg

The Flaming Lips "Zaireeka" Quad... released 2 years before "The Soft Bulletin", this album is a real psychedelic trip, and truly meant for the listener to be sitting in the middle of the four speakers. The music is very... strange... but anyone who enjoys the flaming lips would enjoy this (I certainly am!). I ripped the four CDs, and using Audacity arranged the stereo tracks across the front, sides, and back of the room, with CD1 in the front, CD2 on the right, CD3 in the rears, and CD4 on the left. A cool, enveloping maelstrom of music and noise. PM me if you want to know more;)

I've been trying to acquire both discs recently, but especially "A Valid Path". :)

Not to distress you in any way Ryan, but I had trouble getting my copy-----soon after it's actual release date !! Took about a year and two tries.
I think the label was in flux at the time, Silver line/Immergent .

But , and I don't say this lightly, if you gotta pay a bit more to obtain it- IT'S WORTH IT , I paid close to $40 and would easily double that knowing how good a mix and great music it contains. 2 Easter eggs , btw but only "The Time Machine" is in bonus surround-dts 5.1.

Hopefully you can still get a copy, not too pricey, though.:eek:

Gentle Giant "Free Hand" DVD-A (channels corrected)... my favorite GG album in terms of musical content (as compared to Octopus, Interview, and Power And The Glory). The quad mix sounds really good too! (especially "On Reflection")

Thanks for the heads~up. Just ordered a copy from AmazonUS, brand new, for approximately $20 delivered. To be honest, never knew this album existed.

Great songs, but the surround mix are different from song to song, from very discrete and active - to almost nothing in the rears.

Hope you like it :)

Back