Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jerry Granelli-Sandhills Reunion. SACD 5.0

I 'd forgotten how VERY discrete this disc was. Lots happening in the rear channels .

Hard to imagine this as a jazz recording as it's set to a poetry story throughout . I don't think there is anything else out there quite like this. (y)

20180119_195829.jpg20180119_195822.jpg

Well worth mutiple listens. :)

Gave this a spin last nite.

Strange that the 2 videos are in DTS-2ch only , but there are 2 other tracks with 4 DTS surround mixes each , and sound much different than the originals They Isolate Rythm , percussion tracks etc.

Polyphonic Spree Together Were Heavy DVDA

20180119_200312.jpg

I haven't really thought about Al since my laser disc days....that was my "jazz period"...you might want to try this one..if you don't already have it...I don't own it but have heard it's pretty good...it's multichannel and affordable right now...there is no poll for Flesh on Flesh...but there is one for this one

I think I have that one coming in the mail. At this point, if I haven't ordered it, I will have to wait until 2019. These are my last two weeks home.

Jerry Granelli-Sandhills Reunion. SACD 5.0

I 'd forgotten how VERY discrete this disc was. Lots happening in the rear channels .

Hard to imagine this as a jazz recording as it's set to a poetry story throughout . I don't think there is anything else out there quite like this. (y)

View attachment 31877View attachment 31878

Well worth mutiple listens. :)

I can always count on you to bring out the "unique"..and I mean that as a compliment(y)

And this Blu-ray gave me a lot of difficulty when I first had it.

Just would not read (in loading mode for approximately 15 mins twice ) although I waited patiently .

The day I was going to return it......it finally gave me a menu ? And repeated tries were full of 10-15 mins of delay before it came up.

That was some time time ago, and wonder of wonders, now it brings up the menu on first attempt ??!! I guess my player FINALLY remembered it was there all along. Really really weird that. The title is prophetic is what .

Eric Clapton -Gimme Me Strength 2 excellent quads and an ES 5.1.

20180117_193358.jpg20180117_183604.jpg

Attachments

• 20180117_193428.jpg
    20180117_193428.jpg
    151.9 KB · Views: 137
I can always count on you to bring out the "unique"..and I mean that as a compliment(y)

Oh, your always complimentary, Clint . I always appreciate your opinions fwiw . And if (and a big if as it's very rare for you) you come across with someone a little snarky.....you always post an apology of sorts that pleases me and likely all on QQ.:D(y)

More QQ'S should follow your lead , I think.

And this Blu-ray gave me a lot of difficulty when I first had it.

Just would not read (in loading mode for approximately 15 mins twice ) although I waited patiently .

The day I was going to return it......it finally gave me a menu ? And repeated tries were full of 10-15 mins of delay before it came up.

That was some time time ago, and wonder of wonders, now it brings up the menu on first attempt ??!! I guess my player FINALLY remembered it was there all along. Really really weird that. The title is prophetic is what .

Eric Clapton -Gimme Me Strength 2 excellent quads and an ES 5.1.

View attachment 31880View attachment 31882

Glad you posted that...I haven't finished my "research project"...I'm trying to see if my mind will change about the content of this release with better sound quality...

And also...last nite.

Gave this a bit of a listen . VERY DISCRETE !!! (for a Silverline )

Note all the videos are in 5.1 DD and all tracks have them duplicated in the menu. Track 8 is a nice test for your system . The electronics circle your speakers.....Clockwise .

Hmmmmm, maybe it should be said it's....ULTRA DISCRETE !!!

TIPPER-SURROUNDED DVDA DU

20180119_200447.jpg20180119_200500.jpg

And also...last nite.

Gave this a bit of a listen . VERY DISCRETE !!! (for a Silverline )

Note all the videos are in 5.1 DD and all tracks have them duplicated in the menu. Track 8 is a nice test for your system . The electronics circle your speakers.....Clockwise .

Hmmmmm, maybe it should be said it's....ULTRA DISCRETE !!!

TIPPER-SURROUNDED DVDA DU

View attachment 31883View attachment 31884

I'm quite fond of it!

Finally getting round to the Bruford surrounds from last year, they kept getting moved to the bottom of the pile. I am enjoying them a lot more than I was expecting given the avarice shown on this site and the dullby of course.

One thing that may not be tainting my opinion so much is that I have never owned these before

And I got concussion playing Rugby last week ?

Back