Beach Boys Stereo SACDs Now At Acoustic Sounds

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some more coming, finally, what a long wait... and don't I have these all on downloads now anyway... Well, except for Sunflower in MONO...

I wasn't aware that Sunflower was ever mixed in mono. I assumed the listing was a mistake. Can you confirm?

I've had the SHM-SACD and the Analogue Productions version of Pet Sounds and both sounded poor to me...as far as clarity and separation...you compare the AP version of Surfer Girl to Pet Sounds and it's so much better than Pet Sounds I thought I was hearing things so I enlisted Gos to do the same comparison and he agreed...I have yet to find a suitable version of Pet Sounds...at this point it seems unlikely I will...I doubt the MoFi Version would be better...in the future if I decide to get involved with downloads that is probably my only chance to get an improved sounding version of Pet Sounds...

For the Mono version of the album, this is the only one that has given me any satisfaction. Toshiba/Emi CP28-1003

Just a reminder that today is the last day for the 15% off sale at deepdiscount...promo code blackpearl...3pm central time HERE...and you can use that discount on THIS ONE...OR another chance to get a good price on THIS ONE

Acoustic Sounds is also having a 15% off. I'm going to see if the new Beach Boy's SACD's show up as In Stock later today or tomorrow....and then I'm gonna see if they let me apply the 15% off code...usually the Beach Boys titles are off limits for further discount. Bastages...

Acoustic Sounds is also having a 15% off. I'm going to see if the new Beach Boy's SACD's show up as In Stock later today or tomorrow....and then I'm gonna see if they let me apply the 15% off code...usually the Beach Boys titles are off limits for further discount. Bastages...

Keep in mind that you have several days for the 15% discount at acoustic sounds...AND..of course elusive disc and music direct are also offering 15%...AND elusive disc has Pay Pal Credit and they will be getting the Beach Boys..CHECK THIS OUT...it used to be that acoustic sounds would not discount the new arrivals..BUT...they have been forced to match the Music Direct and Elusive sales so it might be possible..

I know it's hard...but be patient and don't jump right away before you see what the others are offering...you have a few days on the 15%...and if elusive does get them in stock during this time I would go in that direction..

Smiley Smile, Sunflower and Surf's Up arrived today. I was looking most forward to the stereo mix on Smiley. Wow, it's terrific! Surely the best of the 2012 mixes. The multi-layered vocals really shine against the (mostly) sparse accompaniments. And the one extraction mix ("Good Vibrations") is also well done. I sampled the quad layers of the other two and, yes, as others have reported it's a pleasant enough 'big stereo' sound. Probably not worth pursuing for the casual fan.

Smiley Smile, Sunflower and Surf's Up arrived today. I was looking most forward to the stereo mix on Smiley. Wow, it's terrific! Surely the best of the 2012 mixes. The multi-layered vocals really shine against the (mostly) sparse accompaniments. And the one extraction mix ("Good Vibrations") is also well done. I sampled the quad layers of the other two and, yes, as others have reported it's a pleasant enough 'big stereo' sound. Probably not worth pursuing for the casual fan.

I love Smiley Smile as well...and yeah, sounds great.

Back