Beach Boys Stereo SACDs Now At Acoustic Sounds

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd love to see their sales figures. If they've sold more than 300 of those I'd eat a bug.

If they haven't sold more than 300, after pressing several thousand copies, AP would be in trouble.
Time for that bug.... :)

If this listing is correct 9 more Beach Boys SACDs could be coming soon.

Last edited:
Is this listing is correct 9 more Beach Boys SACDs could be coming soon.

That is very strange....the source of the SACD's in that link is acoustic sounds but there is no indication on the acoustic sounds website of the date of the release...hard to believe that they would provide the titles first to a Japanese retailer before their own site...this could mean that acoustic sounds will be adding a release date to their site very soon...

Could just be they are waiting for their Labor Day 10% off sale to be over.

Is this listing is correct 9 more Beach Boys SACDs could be coming soon.

Generally Acoustic Sounds releases their SACD remasters after the Vinyl LP remasters come out. So I wouldn't expect to see more from the Beach Boys SACD remastered series until these 9 arrive on Vinyl.

I see Acoustic Sounds website has Holland and Pet Sounds Analogue Productions versions available as FLAC downloads. Be careful not to order Holland from HD Tracks since that's just the regular Capitol one.

Curious to know in what ways Pet Sounds (stereo) is different from the MOFI verson that's already out on SACD. Anyone bought it?

I'm waiting until the 14th to see what comes out on SACD, if anything.

I see Acoustic Sounds website has Holland and Pet Sounds Analogue Productions versions available as FLAC downloads. Be careful not to order Holland from HD Tracks since that's just the regular Capitol one.

Curious to know in what ways Pet Sounds (stereo) is different from the MOFI verson that's already out on SACD. Anyone bought it?

I'm really biting my lip on the Pet sounds FLAC....I wan't to order it so damn bad.....but I'm trying to hold out on the blu-ray.....honestly....I may also buy the SACd on Acoustic S when it finally shows up...can't resist...

I'm really biting my lip on the Pet sounds FLAC....I wan't to order it so damn bad.....but I'm trying to hold out on the blu-ray.....honestly....I may also buy the SACd on Acoustic S when it finally shows up...can't resist...

Talking to myself...

Or - since Acoustic Sounds is showing both stereo SACD and Blu-Ray as preorders for Pet Sounds....does that mean the stereo version on both are identical??? With the Blu-Ray added bonus of the 5.1?? If that is the case...I should wait for the Blu...

Anyone know?

I wouldn't be so sure that HDTracks and others have different mastering. I did buy it from HDTracks, and like the other ones that were credited to Kevin Gray, it shows signs of being a DSD conversion. I would be very surprised if different masterings were released digitally to different stores on the same day, but the lack of clarity on all of this is shameful. It would be very interesting (but expensive) if someone could compare the two (and Pet Sounds) to be sure.

If someone bought Holland from Acoustic Sounds, lets see what common analysis software we have and compare reports. The Dynamic Range plugin in Foobar and MusicScope are at my disposal.

Talking to myself...

Or - since Acoustic Sounds is showing both stereo SACD and Blu-Ray as preorders for Pet Sounds....does that mean the stereo version on both are identical??? With the Blu-Ray added bonus of the 5.1?? If that is the case...I should wait for the Blu...

Anyone know?

I feel an intervention here is required...I hate to see my buddy suffer...to flail about like a wounded animal...I know you were led to believe that June 16th was the release date...I know..I know...but remember who you are dealing with...ruthless corporate moguls...the same type that rejected The Season In Hell and caused Eddie Wilson of the Cruisers to fake his death and go into exile...I not only felt bad for Eddie and the band...but to drive a mint 57 Chevy Bel Aire convertible off a bridge is criminal...and these are the people who are saying that blu ray audio has little interest...they toy with us like a cat with a ball of string...who does that...well I know your spirits have hit rock bottom...you have lost faith in the surround version of Pet Sounds ever being released...and I feel your pain...BUT...I feel that it is coming:)...I felt a tremor in the FORCE...of course it could have been arthritis...I'm not sure...but hey...I'm thinking positive here...and I'm not the only one with positive vibes...although you can't buy it anywhere yet...check this out

You gotta believe Gos!...Keep the faith!

I've compared the Acoustic Sounds to the HDTracks and they are identical, this is the Acoustic Sounds...

Code:
foobar2000 1.3.8 / Dynamic Range Meter 1.1.1
log date: 2015-09-13 11:49:46

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Analyzed: The Beach Boys / Pet Sounds (Mono & Stereo)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DR         Peak         RMS     Duration Track
DR10      -3.75 dB   -15.44 dB      2:26 01-Wouldn't It Be Nice (Mono)
DR8       -3.30 dB   -14.39 dB      2:35 02-You Still Believe In Me (Mono)
DR8       -3.26 dB   -12.82 dB      2:30 03-That's Not Me (Mono)
DR9       -3.85 dB   -14.86 dB      2:54 04-Don't Talk (Put Your Head On My Shoulder) (Mono)
DR7       -2.75 dB   -13.47 dB      3:06 05-I'm Waiting For The Day (Mono)
DR7       -3.79 dB   -13.61 dB      2:20 06-Let's Go Away For A While (Mono)
DR7       -2.89 dB   -13.66 dB      2:59 07-Sloop John B (Mono)
DR7       -2.97 dB   -12.37 dB      2:53 08-God Only Knows (Mono)
DR6       -2.67 dB   -11.73 dB      3:11 09-I Know There's An Answer (Mono)
DR7       -2.83 dB   -13.10 dB      2:55 10-Here Today (Mono)
DR7       -3.27 dB   -12.36 dB      3:16 11-I Just Wasn't Made For These Times (Mono)
DR7       -3.00 dB   -12.16 dB      2:23 12-Pet Sounds (Mono)
DR10      -3.81 dB   -16.51 dB      2:51 13-Caroline, No (Mono)
DR12      -1.42 dB   -16.36 dB      2:34 14-Wouldn't It Be Nice (Stereo)
DR14      -0.90 dB   -18.42 dB      2:36 15-You Still Believe In Me (Stereo)
DR12      -0.85 dB   -16.92 dB      2:31 16-That's Not Me (Stereo)
DR12      -2.82 dB   -16.83 dB      2:59 17-Don't Talk (Put Your Head On My Shoulder) (Stereo)
DR13      -0.21 dB   -18.02 dB      3:07 18-I'm Waiting For The Day (Stereo)
DR12      -0.40 dB   -16.83 dB      2:26 19-Let's Go Away For Awhile (Stereo)
DR13      -0.32 dB   -16.71 dB      3:01 20-Sloop John B (Stereo)
DR12      -0.27 dB   -16.71 dB      2:56 21-God Only Knows (Stereo)
DR13      -2.03 dB   -17.79 dB      3:19 22-I Know There's An Answer (Stereo)
DR13      -0.19 dB   -17.54 dB      3:09 23-Here Today (Stereo)
DR13      -0.29 dB   -17.37 dB      3:22 24-I Just Wasn't Made For These Times (Stereo)
DR14      -0.57 dB   -18.23 dB      2:37 25-Pet Sounds (Stereo)
DR13      -1.06 dB   -17.71 dB      2:51 26-Caroline, No (Stereo)

Number of tracks:  26
Official DR value: DR10

Samplerate:        96000 Hz
Channels:          2
Bits per sample:   24
Bitrate:           3035 kbps
Codec:             FLAC
================================================================================

Last edited:
image.jpg

image.jpg

The Beach Boys - Surfin' USA

I finally got one of these Beach Boys SACDs. Sounds great! :sun

Ahhhh! Might have to order Pet Sounds...

I know the feeling. LOL! :friday:

I also picked up "The Beach Boys - Little Deuce Coupe" today.
Sounds just as fantastic as Surfin' USA. I love all the lesser known songs on these albums.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Ahhhh! Might have to order Pet Sounds...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You might as well...the Blu Ray Audio is probably going to contain the old DVD-A surround mix...and you know you don't like that...Analogue has done a great job on Little Deuce Coupe and Surfer Girl and I think their version of Pet Sounds will have the best sound quality...I also want THIS ONE

You might want to include this one in your order

You might as well...the Blu Ray Audio is probably going to contain the old DVD-A surround mix...and you know you don't like that...Analogue has done a great job on Little Deuce Coupe and Surfer Girl and I think their version of Pet Sounds will have the best sound quality...I also want THIS ONE

You might want to include this one in your order

Yep! I think my mind is made up..when I get home tonight, gonna order a few.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back