Beach Boys Stereo SACDs Now At Acoustic Sounds

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wouldn't be so sure that HDTracks and others have different mastering. I did buy it from HDTracks, and like the other ones that were credited to Kevin Gray, it shows signs of being a DSD conversion. I would be very surprised if different masterings were released digitally to different stores on the same day, but the lack of clarity on all of this is shameful. It would be very interesting (but expensive) if someone could compare the two (and Pet Sounds) to be sure.

If someone bought Holland from Acoustic Sounds, lets see what common analysis software we have and compare reports. The Dynamic Range plugin in Foobar and MusicScope are at my disposal.
Acoustic Sounds has now removed the text that said this was their mastering, although it still shows the one bonus track. I was hoping for the SACD to be included in the latest releases but it's not so I will wait.

Yep! I think my mind is made up..when I get home tonight, gonna order a few.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OK, just placed an order for 3 new Beach Boys SACD's from Acoustic Sounds...

CAPP_065_SA__95582__01132014011025-309.jpg
CAPP_067_SA__95588__01132014012621-3478.jpg
CAPP_064_SA__95579__01132014010522-3718.jpg

You might as well...the Blu Ray Audio is probably going to contain the old DVD-A surround mix...and you know you don't like that...Analogue has done a great job on Little Deuce Coupe and Surfer Girl and I think their version of Pet Sounds will have the best sound quality...
Yea, I still haven't got Ted Nugent. And the Surfer Girl 24/192 download I bought apparently isn't Gray's mastering after all. It was just a lie. The download does sound pretty crappy (lacks bass). I think I'll just order All Summer Long (good thing I never bought the SHM SACD of that), Reiner Iberia and Doors Strange Days. 3 to get free shipping.

If they'd have included the bonus tracks that are on the Pet Sounds Blu-ray audio (vaporware) I'd have included that too.

Yea, I still haven't got Ted Nugent. And the Surfer Girl 24/192 download I bought apparently isn't Gray's mastering after all. It was just a lie. The download does sound pretty crappy (lacks bass). I think I'll just order All Summer Long (good thing I never bought the SHM SACD of that), Reiner Iberia and Doors Strange Days. 3 to get free shipping.

I've had the Nugent since it was released..it's a good one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm smitten...with Pet Sounds - Beach Boys. So, the newly released SACD does sound very good. I think I've found my favorite way to listen to it....

PLII

sounds so good -

Listening now to newly purchased SACD...

TODAY - Beach Boys

Another great sounding disc....the tune Dance, Dance, Dance sounds much more in depth than 2 channel. It defies my speakers.....nice wide soundstage.

Hey all - I have a question about (for example) the Beach Boys Pet Sounds SACD. You may or may not know that it has both Stereo and Mono tracks.

Songs 1-13 are in stereo
Songs 14-26 are the mono version of same songs

So, when I skip to songs 14-26, my oppo still says stereo and Denon still says stereo. How come it doesn't say mono? How would I even know if it really is mono? I mean, I can't do a side by side....

Hey all - I have a question about (for example) the Beach Boys Pet Sounds SACD. You may or may not know that it has both Stereo and Mono tracks.

Songs 1-13 are in stereo
Songs 14-26 are the mono version of same songs

So, when I skip to songs 14-26, my oppo still says stereo and Denon still says stereo. How come it doesn't say mono? How would I even know if it really is mono? I mean, I can't do a side by side....

The Oppo doesn't distinguish mono on those discs...I ran into the same thing myself.....I guess the only way to tell is either to read the info on the disc liner notes or use headphones and make your own judgement....

Clint asked me if I thought Pet Sounds sounded as good as the other BB SACD discs. I thought it did, but it doesn't. Little Deuce Couple runs circles around Pet Sounds for clarity and separation. No contest. What gives? Of all albums that should have had excellent sound...Pet Sounds should have been it. It's not to be...

Clint asked me if I thought Pet Sounds sounded as good as the other BB SACD discs. I thought it did, but it doesn't. Little Deuce Couple runs circles around Pet Sounds for clarity and separation. No contest. What gives? Of all albums that should have had excellent sound...Pet Sounds should have been it. It's not to be...

The Pet Sounds stereo mix is a modern stereo mix, which don't have much separation. That's the way they like doing stereo mixes now. Little Deuce Coupe had it's stereo mix done back when the LP first came out so had wider stereo which sounded really good on the console systems people had back then.

My parents got rid of their console without even offering it to me first. That really sucked. I think I'll complain about again when I'm there for xmas. Oh woops, I mean "the holiday". Gotta check out the holiday tree, and see if I get any good holiday presents. Maybe play that Chevy Chase movie, Holiday Vacation.

I have been on a roll with the BB, too. It's hard not to. Great stuff! I don't have any serious issues with the bass. And like you said, the vocals sound incredible. :music

Beach Boys - Pet Sounds

GOS - is this the new AP release? If so, for the stereo mix does "You Still Believe in Me" contain a double-tracked lead vocal, and does "Wouldn't it Be Nice" have Mike (not Brian) singing the bridge section? These elements were missing when they first remixed it but I seem to remember that have since been 'fixed'. Thanks!

Back