Earth Wind & Fire - All 'n' ALL stereo SACD

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

privateuniverse

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
Can anyone tell me how this one sounds? It's my favorite EWF album and would love to have the SACD. Of course now it's long out of print and can't be had without shelling out a lot of money. I'd like to know what some other folks think before I fork over the cash for it.

Can anyone tell me how this one sounds? It's my favorite EWF album and would love to have the SACD. Of course now it's long out of print and can't be had without shelling out a lot of money. I'd like to know what some other folks think before I fork over the cash for it.

The Sony Japan SACD of All 'N' All on Stereo SACD disc is a favorite here. I'd recommend it.

How does the SACD compare with the HDTracks version?

Maybe we can get a DSD download from Acoustic Sounds, but it seems they've been slacking in this area lately and just giving us FLAC.

Maybe we can get a DSD download from Acoustic Sounds, but it seems they've been slacking in this area lately and just giving us FLAC.

Be sure to send in those email requests for specific titles and more DSD Downloads to Acoustic Sounds. The requests can make a difference.

I've only played the first few tracks of All N' All. Besides the loudness difference (going to the DD) the digital download is definitely clearer and more detailed. Bass is more pronounced too. What's interesting is that the SACD version sounds warmer but sounds like a first generation copy. Personally, I have not listened to the SACD since I acquired the DD. I'm glad I did the comparison because, now, I find I'll probably not be playing the SACD version anymore. My suggestion to you is, get the DD version since it's stereo only. :)

I've only played the first few tracks of All N' All. Besides the loudness difference (going to the DD) the digital download is definitely clearer and more detailed. Bass is more pronounced too. What's interesting is that the SACD version sounds warmer but sounds like a first generation copy. Personally, I have not listened to the SACD since I acquired the DD. I'm glad I did the comparison because, now, I find I'll probably not be playing the SACD version anymore. My suggestion to you is, get the DD version since it's stereo only. :)

Thanks very much for taking the time to do this and to post the results, greatly appreciated!

Back