Pete Townshend

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

privateuniverse

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
Pete Townshend's solo catalog is being reissued again, this time through Universal. The albums are now available again through iTunes and streaming services after being absent from those platforms. Townshend's website says that "later in the year the albums will be remastered and released on CD. The reissue programme is still in the planning stages, so what bonus material will be included and what other formats these will be available in are still to be decided."

Oh, what I wouldn't give to hear Empty Glass, Chinese Eyes and White City in 5.1. It would also be nice to have some of those old home videos like the Deep End concert with Dave Gilmour on DVD or Blu-ray. Hopefully surround mixes will be considered.

At the very least they could reissue the "Rough Mix" 5.1 mix as an HFPA Blu-Ray.
But I agree. More Townshend 5.1 mixes would definitely be welcome!

Pete is too busy 'researching' to do any more 5.1 mixes.

Empty Glass & Chinese Eyes are Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwesome :banana:

It would be great to have Empty Glass and White City in particular in surround.

I'm not allowed to play Chinese Eyes at home. I played it once and the wife asked, "Has this guy suffered depression?"

A recent interview with Townshend in Uncut magazine refers to "deluxe physical editions" of Pete's solo catalog being forthcoming. So it sounds like they'll be more than bare-bones reissues. Let's hope Universal gets it right. Fingers crossed for "Rough Boys" in surround sound!

At the very least, there should be a reissue of the "Rough Mix" 5.1 on HFPA Blu-Ray disc to replace the Dualdisc.
But besides that, I'm not sure if any other Pete Townshend solo albums were ever mixed in surround.

If there was a way of getting BOB PRIDDEN on the artists/producers/engineering surround site on QQ, we would/could possibly get info on any of Townsend's reissues, and maybe (I empathize maybe) convince him to do some WHO 5.1, or at least know what the chances of new surround material are.

If there was a way of getting BOB PRIDDEN on the artists/producers/engineering surround site on QQ, we would/could possibly get info on any of Townsend's reissues, and maybe (I empathize maybe) convince him to do some WHO 5.1, or at least know what the chances of new surround material are.

AFAIK, there's no surefire way to get ahold of him online, so I wouldn't count on him coming by QQ. (Unless of course someone knows him and could make the connection)

Pete is too busy 'researching' to remix any album.

I read last fall Pete Townshend autobiography "Who I Am: A Memoir" and in it he addresses all questions about the history of The Who, his solo career and all aspects of his personal life. In the book, he is most brutal about himself and he does criticize himself harshly in all aspects of his life as you read along, personal and career wise. It's up to the individual reader to figure things out of course. But I've always liked The Who and this book is a must read for any rock fan who's into surround.

Throughout the Book he mentions Quadraphonic experiments/mixes and studios he had built for Quad and surround. We have no better friend than Pete Townshend for Quadraphonic and surround.

Pete Townshend autobiography "Who I Am: A Memoir": http://www.amazon.com/Who-I-Am-A-Memoir/dp/006212725X

It is a fantastic book. He also goes into great lengths about those experiments in the book that comes with the Quadrophenia box set.

Back