SACDs Pass the 10,000 Mark - Titles Released to Date

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"Got to have the Jones for this, Jones for that. This running' with the Joneses, boy just ain't where it's at. " - William Royce Scaggs (A true scholar and another UW alum.)

Haha! She's keeping up with the Joneses too! :D

One day pupil beat Mistress! (mmm sounds kinky!)

Sticks and stones will break my bones, but whips and chains EXCITE ME!

Siv Widerberg: Stamps

I collected stamps
Papa gave me a big bagful
I didn't collect stamps anymore :sun

There are more SACDs that are not in the database. e.g HK & Japanese released titles.

Most of the unlisted titles were from Japan or Hong Hong, on major labels such as Universal Music, Sony Music and Warner Music. But there were also promo samplers (Bob Dylan, Sam Cooke, Pink Floyd, Telarc, Japan Sony Music, etc.), compilations, etc. The link in my signature has approximately 185 SACDs that I have that are not listed at sa-cd.net. I think the real number of SACD titles released but no listed at sa-cd.net is over 200. About 100 of them were released in 2014 by Hong Kong music companies as the format received a full-blown revival in the city (and that revival is continuing in 2015 with approximately 15 titles so far). I am in the process of organizing my music collection after a move, so I will add them to sa-cd.net after the dust is settled.

Most of the unlisted titles were from Japan or Hong Hong, on major labels such as Universal Music, Sony Music and Warner Music. But there were also promo samplers (Bob Dylan, Sam Cooke, Pink Floyd, Telarc, Japan Sony Music, etc.), compilations, etc. The link in my signature has approximately 185 SACDs that I have that are not listed at sa-cd.net. I think the real number of SACD titles released but no listed at sa-cd.net is over 200. About 100 of them were released in 2014 by Hong Kong music companies as the format received a full-blown revival in the city (and that revival is continuing in 2015 with approximately 15 titles so far). I am in the process of organizing my music collection after a move, so I will add them to sa-cd.net after the dust is settled.

Very interesting. So we're really approaching 10,200 SACDs released to date... :)

Very interesting. So we're really approaching 10,200 SACDs released to date... :)

I am thinking it is over 10,200 titles. There are SACD titles that I have that are not listed at sa-cd.net, but also not in that link in my signature. For example, the demo SACD samplers from recent HK Hi-End Audio Visual Shows. And if one counts the various versions of the same SACD titles, such as those issued by Stockfisch Records on DMM-SACD, then it definitely exceed 10,200 titles.

There is the odd major label one that's missing like this:

Carole King: Tapestry - Epic ES 65850
http://www.discogs.com/Carole-King-Tapestry/release/4848526

Of course anyone can submit a title to the database....

I love Discogs (but then you know that already, you're my only mate there, you must've seen my activity!) BUT you have to double check everything, it gets a lot of things wrong (understandable given the nature of user submitted data with nobody checking it) it should be called Discogowikipedia, there's a load of tosh put up there by well-meaning people in amongst all the spot on stuff too! :D
(oh and ps. you going after roadrunner or what?)

As of this post, there were 217 new SACD titles added to sa-cd.net since the beginning of this year (current total at 10,064). At this rate, looks like we may be heading for another year with over 800 new SACD titles in 2015.

As of this post, there were 217 new SACD titles added to sa-cd.net since the beginning of this year (current total at 10,064). At this rate, looks like we may be heading for another year with over 800 new SACD titles in 2015.

Good news. Let the SACDs continue to roll! :)

Good news. Let the SACDs continue to roll! :)

After 6 complete months in 2015, 428 new SACD releases were added at sa-cd.net (currently at 10,275 SACD titles). An additional 60 SACD titles were released in Hong Kong, but weren't included at sa-cd.net, in the first 6 months of 2015. So, we are looking at close to 500 SACD releases in the first 6 month of this year. If the current release rate is sustained for the remainder of the year, and perhaps with a little bit of luck, new SACD releases for 2015 may top 1,000 titles.

Today being the last day of September (and some of you are already in October as I type this), it is time to summarize the release activities of SACD since my last post. Given that sa-cd.net has since splintered into a new site at hraudio.net, it has been a challenge to obtain a somewhat accurate accounting. So, here goes --

As of this post, there have been at least 710 SACD titles released in 2015. How accurate is this number? Probably within 10 of the real/actual total. To put this into perspective, there were 814 SACD released in all of 2014. The number of new SACD releases in the last 3 months of 2015 will determine if the mark of 1,000 SACD released in one year will be eclipsed.

that's great but if they do lil'bit diversity to the printed in surround musical genres, would be even much better :)

Back