Quad on The Price is Right 1973!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Q-Eight

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Since 2002/2003
http://youtu.be/mDBAyG-r_bU?t=18m44s

It's very brief, but when they wheel out the Hi-Fi/TV combination set, they mention it has "four channel sound". It's from Teledyne/Packard Bell, and they were in the Quad game for a short period of time.

Just thought it was a cool 'back in the day' snapshot. :D

that's explains failure of the quad, when set of the video/audio for living room almost equal in cost to brand new car with v8 engine, the folk obviously prefer the car.

Thanx for the trip on the Wayback Machine, I had almost forgotten Bob's natural hair colour. It feels weird to see all the changes to the sets and games. As much as I like Drew, Bob had more ease with the players. Now, if I could just win that Comet...

that's explains failure of the quad, when set of the video/audio for living room almost equal in cost to brand new car with v8 engine, the folk obviously prefer the car.

Correct! Quad Linda will tell us that too. Any decent system cost as much as a new car. Look at the new car then, sold for under 35k! $20.00 went a long way then.

Coincidentally, I finished watching Unsung Hollywood: Redd Foxx on TV1 a few minutes ago. They talked about him "having the big one" on the set of his last series, The Royals. Della Reese and the rest of the cast saw him drop to the floor and thought he was kidding.

BTW: his real name was John Sanford(period). His father was Fred G. Sanford.

"Esther, why don't you spread cookie dough all over your face and make gorilla cookies?!?"

It's so ironic that Redd Foxx died of a heart attack...his famous signature line was about having the "big one...and he died on the set during rehearsals...they actually thought he was faking it..

Coincidentally, I finished watching Unsung Hollywood: Redd Foxx on TV1 a few minutes ago. They talked about him "having the big one" on the set of his last series, The Royals. Della Reese and the rest of the cast saw him drop to the floor and thought he was kidding.

"Esther, why don't you spread cookie dough all over your face and make gorilla cookies?!?"

[video=youtube;5qzRSU2NWmE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5qzRSU2NWmE[/video]

Few also know that he was a 1st class pig! I've heard some of his "raunchy" comedy records-very distasteful sophomoric sex based humor.

I've got two Hornets: a very late '74 Maxi Blue Hatchback 258/Auto, the other an early '75 Mellow Yellow 304/5 speed (yes, I added that. It was born an auto).
I also have a '73 Javelin AMX and a '70½ Gremlin wearing most of it's original Big Bad Green paint.

I used to have an '81 SX/4. Man, I miss that car. I'd have kept it and fixed the rust if I knew back then how rare they were! There's only about 5,000 of 'em built over the 3 model years they made them.

Incidentally, and to stay on topic: Here's another Quadraphonic system from Brother from 1975! They even show it with 4 speakers and Johnny Olsen mentions it as Quadraphonic 4-channel in his little shpeel.

https://youtu.be/a8jW11iQwBM?t=8m3s

If you had a choice, logically, you'd have chosen the car over any audio system, let alone quad, back in the day. Who can't use a first or second vehicle? Still, I'd like to have heard what that system was capable of...

ED :)

Back