Steven Wilson Drop a line to Steven about Hand.Cannot.Erase

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JonUrban

Forum Curmudgeon
Staff member
Admin
Since 2002/2003
Here's the deal. Steven has not volunteered to stop in here and answer or read your questions about his new album "Hand.Cannot.Erase", but he has been known to stop in here from time to time, so I figured why not queue up a bunch of questions and comments about his new album and he just might pop in when he's traveling or is stuck in some airport somewhere.

As always, please be respectful and see if you can ask a question or leave a comment that peaks his interest! (y)

Be sure to also leave your comments about the album in the Poll thread so that those looking for your opinions on the album can find them in the proper place.

POLL THREAD: https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/fo...-Wilson-Steven-Hand-Cannot-Erase-BluRay-Audio

Hi Steven!

Great job as always on the surround mixing of "Hand. Cannot. Erase." along with all of the other latest remixed albums ("Songs from the Big Chair", "Warchild", "Relayer", etc)

Since you spent a good bit of time in 2013 and 2014 creating the samples for your Ghostwriter software, how big of a role did those sound samples play in the creation of "Hand. Cannot. Erase."?

Thanks! :)

Hello Steven, couple of questions after having seen the documentary:

- Most of your records deal with the darker moods that, as you say, most of us as adults have felt. However, I've got the feeling that your music really shines when it gets closer to the happiest feelings. Have you ever thought on making an album focused on the brighter side of things?

- Secondly, your band with Guthrie's contribution is outstanding and would like to see more of their interactions and chemistry when playing live (the documentary being just a taster of that). Any chance of recording your new tour? And, if so, what about taking it one step further with multicam shot of the band? King Crimson did it some years ago (with Eyes Wide Open, if I'm not wrong) and it did not work that well. However, with Blu-ray capabilities it could surely be improved. Watching the concert from Nick and Marco's point of view would be amazing and same being able to switch to you and Guthrie. Just an idea to give a different touch to a live release.

Thanks Steven for a magical release!

Hi Steven
Will you ever consider doing another Storm Corrosion album again?
Loved it and enjoy your solo work immensely.
Thank you for giving me these incredible 5.1 mixes Of past and new music.

Hi Steven,

I have a simple and general question: what in the creation of HCE gave you the most difficulty? Whether it is nailing a part at recording, compiling the book, getting the perfect balance at mixing...

Congratulations on crafting HCE, it is a very effective cross-media work of Art, I love it. Tears were swelling in my eyes as I read the book. It feels so real.

Thomas

Hi Steven. What is the meaning of the coordinates on the right page to Home Invasion? The ones above point out to two places in London and the ones below to a place in Southampton and a point in the middle of the sea north of Azores islands. Random places? Uhmm...

hi Steven. question isn't directly in regard to your latest album but to some degree related as well.
if small, audiophiles label, such like Audio Fidelity will ask you to allow them to reissue your previous/OOP titles, what would be your answer?

Back