What's the latest Multichannel SACD or DVD-A added to your pile? - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
20170320_225052.jpg
20170320_230440.jpg
20170320_230535.jpg

I also got my Djabe package today! A nice touch from Attila - a signed stage pass!:cool::banana:
So far this is the most valuable purchase for me this year. :mad:@:

I just received the Blue Oyster Cult "Secret Treaties" and repressed Blood, Sweat & Tears self-titled 4.0 SACDs from Audio Fidelity. Fantastic sound -- playing in my office so my wife won't notice the high volume :mad:@:

I sure hope the Judy Collins and Alice Cooper get repressed as well...

I just received the Blue Oyster Cult "Secret Treaties" and repressed Blood, Sweat & Tears self-titled 4.0 SACDs from Audio Fidelity. Fantastic sound -- playing in my office so my wife won't notice the high volume :mad:@:

I sure hope the Judy Collins and Alice Cooper get repressed as well...

What makes you suspect that the Blood Sweat and Tears was repressed? And Judy and Alice are both in stock at some retailers, Judy being more commonly found. Are you hoping because you want to pick them up later, just not at this very moment?

I'm only asking because I am interested in tracking the life and print run of an SACD, not to argue with you.

These two arrived today, not the most sought after titles I know but for £8 the pair including postage worth adding to the collection.
IMG_0005.jpg

Got over the disappointment of missing the Bryan Ferry Frantic DVDA deal by picking up a pristine Doors Perception box set at a very competitive price:)

Hubert Sumlin: Blues Guitar Boss

This is my 8th album from JSP Records. The others include:

Bernard Allison
Buddy Guy
Byther Smith
Deitra Farr
Guitar Shorty
James & Lucky Peterson
Michael Hill

Good choice, I have been wanting that one but a little expensive. I have the first 3 on your list, in fact Byther Smith was one of the very first MCH's that I ever purchased.

After watching the Live at Montreaux DVD-V IN ITS ENTIRETY (I had always skipped one or two songs) on Chris Squire's birthday a few weeks ago, I actually LISTENED to the Magnification songs and , even though I saw that show in Madrid a few days before this was taped and the songs did not impress me back then; this time they did!!!!

So , Discogs came to the rescue....

R-2511563-1465264115-5623.jpeg.jpg

Bryan Ferry - Frantic (SACD)

There is/was a vague cryptic listing on Bryan's site for "dvd-a" and as I'd been meaning to order the 2CD live 2015 set I took a chance and ordered the Frantic disc for $12.99....received it today and it was the SACD. Pretty good deal!
41FPYCA0GGL.jpg

Absolutely! My copy came in today, and it was also the SACD, perfectly sealed like it was 2003 all over again!
I still kinda wish that what I received today was actually the DVDA as advertised so I could have the option of playing it in my Acura, but still, getting the SACD for that low of a price new was just something that was too good to be true! Now I wish I had ordered more copies!

:)

Lotus - Santana Japanese Three 4.0 SACD's

That makes 4 copies with 3 Japanese SQ LP's, 2 CD's, and 2 SACD's. I love Santana and have seen/heard him live several times.

Still, how many times do I have to buy this album?

Triple pack from Ebay. I have Gold and Rock N Roll on DVD-Audio but the SACD is for my office system. Heartbreaker was just a bonus. I wish Love is Hell and Demolition would've been done on SACD. The latter is odd since it released was in-between Gold and Rock N Roll.

R-1776513-1242600861.jpeg.jpg

R-4865374-1377988294-4539.jpeg.jpg

R-4363282-1362877451-4323.jpeg.jpg

After owning the Blu-Ray disc of "Once Upon A Time" by Simple Minds since December of 2015, I finally picked up the box set for the album which contains the DVD-A/V disc. The DVD-A/V disc will go in the Acura ILX while the rest of the box set will remain in the apt with the Blu-Ray disc.
Price was about $55, which is a good deal for a 6-disc box set of this caliber.

:)

Back