What's the latest Multichannel SACD or DVD-A added to your pile? - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Vintage Quad mixes reissued on 4.0 SACD:

1-LEOPOLD STOKOWSKI
STOKOWSKI CONDUCTS BACH – THE GREAT TRANSCRIPTIONS/Wagner:Gotterdamerung highlights.

2-E. Power Biggs/Maurice Peress/The Columbia Symphony - Rheinberger: Two Concertos for Organ and Orchestra

These finally showed up yesterday. The first part of the order showed up on the 13th.

SACD Hybrid Multi-channel:

1-Tower Of Power - Ain't Nothin' Stoppin' Us Now

2-Henry Mancini - Mancini Country & Country Gentleman

3-Henry Mancini & Doc Severinsen - Brass, Ivory and Strings & Brass on Ivory

4-Henry Mancini - Six Hours Past Sunset & A Warm Shade of Ivory

Why did they take so long? Here's an E-Mail from the folks at Vocation Dutton on the missing 6, which have finally been received:
...I’ve just had a message from one of our customers, which received your order strapped by USPS to his one. He’s going to take it back to post so they should redirected it promptly (he’s in Chicago). I’m really sorry that it happened but it’s not first time when USPS does that.

Kind regards
Simon
Vocalion Ltd/Dutton Epoch Retail & Export Team

Still, it took 9 days for the missing half of the order to be shipped from Chicago to Chicago.

These finally showed up yesterday. The first part of the order showed up on the 13th.

SACD Hybrid Multi-channel:

1-Tower Of Power - Ain't Nothin' Stoppin' Us Now

2-Henry Mancini - Mancini Country & Country Gentleman

3-Henry Mancini & Doc Severinsen - Brass, Ivory and Strings & Brass on Ivory

4-Henry Mancini - Six Hours Past Sunset & A Warm Shade of Ivory

Why did they take so long? Here's an E-Mail from the folks at Vocation Dutton:

My Husband just got this update from Vocalion on the missing 6:
...I’ve just had a message from one of our customers, which received your order strapped by USPS to his one. He’s going to take it back to post so they should redirected it promptly (he’s in Chicago). I’m really sorry that it happened but it’s not first time when USPS does that.

Kind regards
Simon
Vocalion Ltd/Dutton Epoch Retail & Export Team

Still, it took 9 days for the missing half of the order to be shipped from Chicago to Chicago.

:yikes

2mcerg2.jpg

Listened to this one quite a few times now (pcm copy from a friend) and I love the sound on it even if it's not entirely my taste it sounds too good not to order :confused:.
Got it for €24,- including shipping.

As I mentioned a few posts ago, I got this from a QQ member (John S!!!!) and it got here a few weeks ago safe and sound (I LOOOVE that pun!)....

R-7256476-1437317390-9964.jpeg.jpg

the mix is quite good, a bit bass shy, but, like I always say, you know where the bass knob is....
The only HUGE cockup is that PAUSE between the 1st and 2nd song (verrrry sloppy , Roscoe...you're a slovenly QC'er)

I understand that it was done WITHOUT Eric's permission (which is a HUUUGE nono), but he has never come up with HIS mix...

Now, I read that only 2500 were pressed...is that true? Cause that would make this quite unique...

I also see that Bob Vosgien mastered it (CTA DVD-V, etc)..maybe he was in a hurry....

Just got the first 2 Depeche Modes, Speak and spell and a broken frame.....thus completing the set, afaik.

Have been looking to get a few more of these, only have Playing the Angel, Sounds of the Universe and Delta Machine at the moment...which ones would you recommend as priority purchases?

Have been looking to get a few more of these, only have Playing the Angel, Sounds of the Universe and Delta Machine at the moment...which ones would you recommend as priority purchases?

Violator.

A musical and sonic highlight, I can't stress this enough. A brilliant album from start to finish, and the 5.1 mix is very good. :phones

Blackfield V.

The mixes are a bit schizophrenic. I must admit I do like the SW mixes better, they seem to have more warmth and depth than the Bruce Soord tracks which are more adventurous in their placement but a harsher EQ in the top ranges. Liking the album though, getting back to the quality of the first two albums.

I am very excitered (get it) to add this to the collection. I'm only missing Speak and Spell which I thought I had previously added only to find the person mistook a plain CD/DVD copy as the SACD/DVD copy. He's in Greece so it wasn't worth the effort to get a refund. Will have to just keep hunting.

R-1255594-1204140660.jpeg.jpg

I am very excitered (get it) to add this to the collection. I'm only missing Speak and Spell which I thought I had previously added only to find the person mistook a plain CD/DVD copy as the SACD/DVD copy. He's in Greece so it wasn't worth the effort to get a refund. Will have to just keep hunting.

View attachment 28877

Did you actually play the CD? My Violator disc is labelled as a CD but it actually is an SACD.

Did you actually play the CD? My Violator disc is labelled as a CD but it actually is an SACD.

Yes. It reads in my SACD player as a CD. The person used someone else's scans of the backcover. The one I received doesn't have the SACD logo on the back and the sku number lists as the later version that's just a remastered CD+DVD that was sold in Europe. DMCDX1.

https://www.discogs.com/Depeche-Mode-Speak-Spell/release/1769423

Thankfully I didn't pay very much for it. Should've been my first clue. That said, waiting on a guy on Discogs that was selling his for $17.

Absolutely fabulous disc! Never heard them before until I read a few positive reviews somewhere on QQ forum and decided to give them a try. Actually "a capella" style is not my sort of music, but these guys is a pleasant exception! Incredible voices and great quality surround mix makes this SACD a must have! (y)

20170315_114509.jpg

Violator.

A musical and sonic highlight, I can't stress this enough. A brilliant album from start to finish, and the 5.1 mix is very good. :phones
Agree!

Anyone alse having problems playing the SACD of this title. It is the only SACD in my collection that my Oppo (BDP83 SE Nuforce Edition) can not read. Lucklily the DVD DTS 96/24 in the same package is sounding terrific.

Agree!

Anyone alse having problems playing the SACD of this title. It is the only SACD in my collection that my Oppo (BDP83 SE Nuforce Edition) can not read. Lucklily the DVD DTS 96/24 in the same package is sounding terrific.

Same on my Oppo BDP83 SE (Not Nuforce)... ripped PS3 copy plays fine...

Back