What's the latest Multichannel SACD or DVD-A added to your pile? - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Vivaldi - Bassoon & Oboe Concertos - ARS Produktion multi-channel SACD

Superb recording, excellent surround mix making good use of the rear speakers. I love the music. I've not heard much bassoon music before - it's quite fascinating.

All in all one helluva good disc. Highly recommended.

71ZhQ1DMlbL._SL1200_.jpg

Billy Joel - The Stranger SACD $24
Roxy Music - Avalon SACD $45

Very happy, good prices on both me thinks.

Billy Joel - The Stranger SACD $24
Roxy Music - Avalon SACD $45

Very happy, good prices on both me thinks.

Ooh yeah, I'm jealous about your prices on both of those but particularly on "The Stranger", one that I tried to acquire a week or so ago.
Where do these come from?

Hugo Montenegro - Love Theme From The Quadfather (MCh SACD)
Main Ingredient - Euphrates River (MCh SACD)
Henry Mancini - Country Gentleman (MCh SACD)
Tower Of Power - Ain't Nothin' Stoppin' Us Now (MCh SACD)

Ooh yeah, I'm jealous about your prices on both of those but particularly on "The Stranger", one that I tried to acquire a week or so ago.
Where do these come from?

Thanks!

Again through a seller on a swedish auction site (also where I found 52nd street), likely the users do not now the used list prize.

My Multichannel SACD copy of "52nd Street" by Billy Joel arrived today, but I'll have to wait to listen to it another day as I chose to spend my evening (once again) with "Tales of Mystery and Imagination".

Now I just need to find "The Stranger" for a decent price too! :)

We're at mirror positions. ;) I'm waiting on delivery of a MC SACD of "The Stranger" from a third party Amazon seller, and looking for a reasonably priced MC "52nd Street".

Can I ask where you found "52nd St" ?

My Multichannel SACD copy of "52nd Street" by Billy Joel arrived today, but I'll have to wait to listen to it another day as I chose to spend my evening (once again) with "Tales of Mystery and Imagination".

Now I just need to find "The Stranger" for a decent price too! :)

WOW! Did you order those all at once? How cool...I've never received that many discs from one order in my life.

Yes, all ordered at the same time. Directly from Dutton Vocalion.

I have begun at the top of the pile. The first two are really good. The Hugo Montenegro disc is one helluva load of fun. A wonderful quadraphonic mix. I can just imagine the disapprovers dismissing it as "gimmicky" but to me it is brill. The Good, The Bad & The Ugly is superb, and there is a great version of Air On The 'G' String. The Nashville Brass is more down to earth, but again it's a magnificent quadraphonic mix and tonally gorgeous.

At £9.99 a piece plus reasonable postage they are good value.

Found this cheap on Polish auction, the case has cracks, but everything else is fine. Wonderful music!

Krall_dvda.jpg

I got a fruitcake… (lol, just kidding)

I asked for and received the "Breezin" Multichannel SACD.
(I would have asked for some Dutton Vocalion SACDs, but I wasn't sure if they would make it to the US in time for Christmas depending on when they were ordered, but I will definitely buy some for myself in the coming weeks!)

:)

I got a fruitcake… (lol, just kidding)

I asked for and received the "Breezin" Multichannel SACD.
(I would have asked for some Dutton Vocalion SACDs, but I wasn't sure if they would make it to the US in time for Christmas depending on when they were ordered, but I will definitely buy some for myself in the coming weeks!)

:)

Eh....my guess is they would NOT have arrived in time. I'm pushing 22 days since order...and still no dice on the Dutton stuff. (n)

SACD 4.0 Various Artists "The Collection"
SACD 4.0 Blue Oyster Cult "Secret Treaties"
SACD 5.1 Mannheim Steamroller "Fresh Aire 8"

Oh, man....the memories!!!
I saw Fresh Aire in San Juan in 1985 (still in touch with my friend Lynda who I went with and who has appeared as an extra in many a series!), and the BÖC in 83(??) in San Juan ...they even brought a HUGE Godzilla!!!

Last edited:
Back