What's the latest Multichannel SACD or DVD-A added to your pile? - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Alison Krauss & Union Station - New Favorite SACD
Bryan Ferry - Boys and Girls SACD
Frank Sinatra - At the Sands DVD-A

Rachel Podger/Brecon Baroque - Vivaldi - L'Estro Armonico

1MCn3Iu.jpg

Catching up on a big pile of recent acquisitions here, starting with some discs I got in order to plug some holes in my familiarity with the King Crimson catalog (love those ImportCDs sales!): Lizard, Starless and Bible Black, and Discipline.

3-KC-discs.jpg

I don't know that any of them will ever rise to the top of my KC A-list, but they're all well worth having.

Next up: I belatedly jump on the Dutton-Vocalion bandwagon. I'm a huge EW&F fan from way back, and one of my favorite contemporary saxophonists, Donny McCaslin, has been citing TOP as a formative influence for years. So what's my excuse for only knowing this band from "What Is Hip?" before now? Holy cats! This album is pure joy. (And what a crystalline mix!)

8523.jpg

As for Illuminations: I've always mentally rolled my eyes when it comes to Western musicians, or Westerners generally, for that matter, "discovering" Indian gurus and joining ashrams--maybe I live too close to Marin County--but I totally respect the searching, both musical and spiritual, that Santana was doing around this period. And while I've never really dug Alice Coltrane, you can't argue about the sidemen she and Santana assembled for this date. Really informative liner notes from Dave Z. Great package. Ready for Love Devotion Surrender, Caravanserai, and Welcome now, please.

8530.jpg

Thank you, Michael Dutton!

Foreigner 4 SACD
Foreigner DVD-A
T.Rex Electric Warrior DVD-A. (Outstanding, but a bit bright)
R.E.M. - Out of Time DVD-A
Golden Earring - Naked III SACD

Randy Newman-Little Criminals.
If anybody wants to trade a color .pdf of the OM for a Pioneer SD-1000 for my Chicago II and Chicago V DVD-A's. PM me....:music

I just got these 2 as well :)
It took 5 weeks to get from UK to Canada but wait was worth it.

Now I understand better the excitement of people here of these DV releases.
Both are stellar quad releases,
I sure hope DV can get some more rock titles out besides the easy listening,classical and jazz titles they have for sale.

Mahler, Symphony No. 3 (Budapest Festival Orchestra/Ivan Fischer). Channel Classics CCS SA 38817 (2017). 2 x Hybrid MCh (5.0) SACD. My first foray into the Fischer Mahler cycle. Big, full, "present" sound--not distant like some concert-hall recordings. Also available as DSD download--from NativeDSD or direct from the label--for a whole lot more than the physical discs.

500x500

Back