What's the latest Multichannel SACD or DVD-A added to your pile? - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All of the Anthony Phillips releases from 2015 & 2016 were actually DVD-A/V discs, so those were all labeled correctly, but "Slow Dance" is like all of the Barclay James Harvest releases from Esoteric in that they are just DVD-V discs but they are mislabeled as DVD-A instead, which pisses me off to no end, especially since it's now basically the same culprits every time…

(n) :( :mad: :howl

Blood, Sweat & Tears (Audio Fidelity). Took me a while to get around to this one, but when I saw it was still in print (and Elusive Disc was running a sale)...

Not as fond of BS&T as I am of early Chicago, but can't deny that this is a great album. Generally not a fan of drums in the fronts or (especially) piano isolated in one rear. And solo instruments on "God Bless the Child" are low in the mix. But those are quibbles. Really nice disc. Can't wait to compare the unreleased QR versions!

These are complete my DM SACD collection! :banana:

dm.jpg

^^
Congrats on completing your DM sacd collection.

I am also complete. I actually have two copies of the corrected 101 sacd's.

^^
Congrats on completing your DM sacd collection.

I am also complete. I actually have two copies of the corrected 101 sacd's.

Actually I have all except this one. I've read somewhere that mch mix is very disappointing here... What is your opinion?

These are complete my DM SACD collection! :banana:

View attachment 29764

Two of my favorites by DM in those 3 you have listed as "Speak and Spell" great pop with Vince Clarke as he was main writer and he left to form Yazoo and then Erasure and Black Celebration is where the rest of DM showed they could also be a force in forming a well thought out album.

Mike Oldfield - Ommadawn (cd/dvd)
Mike Oldfield - Hergest Ridge (cd/dvd)
Both purchased on the recommendations

Judy Collins - The best of... (sacd)
Not really a fan of hers, but it was $16 (CAD) to the door.

I think the Oldfields are dvd-v, so sorry if it is posted on the wrong thread.

Finally bit the bullet and bought the Sgt Pepper box. Barnes & Noble had it for 127 & I had a 20% off coupon. It came to 109.16 with tax. Hope I ENJOY the surround. I kind of want to put all the cds into my changer and compare the differences between the original, the re-release and the new mix with the mono that I have never heard. Meanwhile I am waiting for another shot at the Best of The Doors to come out along with the Steven Wilson. I have the Perception Box but have never purchased the surround of Best Of the Doors in any format. Looking forward to that release.

One belated acquisition:
  • Jethro Tull, Songs from the Wood 40th Anniversary Edition (I was never a huge Tull fan, but always liked this album--and who can resist Steven Wilson?)
And one reissue:
  • Matt Haimovitz & Uccello, Meeting of the Spirits (Pentatone Oxingale Series; another almost-out-of-print Oxingale release gets a surround upgrade. It's not always a good thing when well-meaning classically-trained musicians dabble in jazz, but this isn't a one-off for Haimovitz, and David Sanford, who did the arrangements--of Mahavishnu, Miles, Mingus, and others--is the real deal.)
500x500.jpg

Last edited:
You know??? I saw Rubén Blades in 88 in Berklee and today's concert is a a WHOLE DIFFERENT GAME..

WHAT A CONCEERT!!!!!!!
He pulled ALL THE STOPS..bless 'im...

I was moving my bones with al the Titanium and all the rest ..and was having a LOT OF
FFUUUUUUUUUUUUNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!

The latest three from Vocalion: Swingle Singers, Paul Mauriat 'Holidays/Penelope', and Ray Davies 'Flashpoint/Themes From...'

Only had a chance to listen to the Ray Davies disc so far, but it exceeded my already pretty high expectations. If you like 70's soundtrack music at all, consider sticking this in your next order from Dutton Vocalion.

IMG_20170721_161725.jpg

Finally snatched Talking Heads - Little Creatures CD+DVD-a for a good prize, that one must have gone out of print earlier than the other ones.

Back