What's the latest Multichannel SACD or DVD-A added to your pile? - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
White Christmas - Rosemary Clooney (Hybrid MultiCh SACD).

image.jpg

Nosound "Teide 2390" CD/DVD-A, nicely packaged as a digi-book, came via Burning Shed with autographed sticker and guitar picks.

QQ got a mention in the credits, a few of us 'roadtested' the disc. If you like Nosound you'll like this, a good surround live 5.1 mix with instruments in the rear - excellent live musicianship & recording.

Interesting.. ;) Is it solo violin in 5.1? I have a couple of Avex SACDs and don't remember the surround mixes being much cop.

This is a lovely recital for violin and piano. The rear channels in this 5.1 mix are only ambient. But, I like it. Even solo or duet pieces of music sound so much better in 5.0 to me. The sound of both the violin and piano have a natural presence. No harsh digital edge, either. The music program is light and charming. Glad I picked it up.

Nosound - Tiede 2390 - DVD-A - Thanks Giancarlo!!! (y)

I'd better check that this plays OK now .... :eek:

Just got in Foreigner's 4, Japanese Multichannel SACD.

Will probably be my final Warner Japanese Multichannel SACD that I buy as I have no need for "The Doors" SACD as I have "Perception", plus I'm waiting for the Blu-Ray audio release of "Machine Head" to determine which version I should get… ;)

Back