What's the latest Multichannel SACD or DVD-A added to your pile? - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ELP - Trilogy DVDA
NoSound - Teide DVDA
Robert Reed - Sanctuary DVDA
EWF - Open Our Eyes SACD

Keep Calm and Have Patience

Guess what.jpg

Both arrived today (The best of the Guess Who is one of the two, sorry for the blurry picture) :banana:

Both arrived today (The best of the Guess Who is one of the two, sorry for the blurry picture) :banana:

I blew my chance to buy Boys & Girls. $100 is a bit rough though. Nice case, with modern hinges. I've never seen one in a store.

Attachments

• BoysAndGirlsSACD.jpg
    BoysAndGirlsSACD.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 222
I "won" this one on Ebay for GBP 61,34 incuding shipping and have seen it on Discogs for a similar price, you have to get lucky I guess.
Well, that does work out to be $95. Exchange rate of 1.5452.

bach.jpg
I'm trying to build up a collection of classical music - 13 discs so far consisting of: Mozart, Beethoven, Tchaikovsky, Frans Schubert, Ravel, Handel, Vivaldi, and Strauss.

I decided I should have some Bach and I got this one a week ago. I am surprised by the fact that I want to keep hearing this one over and over. Usually, once in a while, I want to listen to classical music which is probably like most of us who aren't fanatical about the genre but still have some interest. But these Brandenburg Concertos, for me, are addictive. Every note seems to be exactly the note you'd want to hear next. I'm starting to get an idea why people go bonkers over this stuff.

Contrary to what it says on the back cover this is a 4.0 mix; not 5.1. But IMO that does not matter. It is discrete. The fidelity is great. I got the 2 disc sacd version. It also comes a a single disc blu-ray.

View attachment 18752
I'm trying to build up a collection of classical music - 13 discs so far consisting of: Mozart, Beethoven, Tchaikovsky, Frans Schubert, Ravel, Handel, Vivaldi, and Strauss.

I decided I should have some Bach and I got this one a week ago. I am surprised by the fact that I want to keep hearing this one over and over. Usually, once in a while, I want to listen to classical music which is probably like most of us who aren't fanatical about the genre but still have some interest. But these Brandenburg Concertos, for me, are addictive. Every note seems to be exactly the note you'd want to hear next. I'm starting to get an idea why people go bonkers over this stuff.

Contrary to what it says on the back cover this is a 4.0 mix; not 5.1. But IMO that does not matter. It is discrete. The fidelity is great. I got the 2 disc sacd version. It also comes a a single disc blu-ray.

I'm almost there(classical music)...the more posts like this one just makes moves me closer to a purchase.....I just want the first purchase to be good...if not I won't proceed...did you grab it on amazon?

Back