What's the latest Multichannel SACD or DVD-A added to your pile? - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
CA8TrybU0AA1r1h.jpg
Streetlife Serenade - Billy Joel 4.0 SACD
Image from Brian Moura's Twitter page, whoever he is!?!?
Tanning out on the beaches with their Mexican reefers, whatever those are...

Unknown-3.jpeg
Nightbirds - Labelle 4.0 SACD

image.jpg

I was happy to see this on display at a local music store. Snatched it up right away.
I'm just giving it a first listening tonight. Sounds fantastic!

Since end of april

Emerson Lake & Palmer - Trilogy 2 CD + DVD-A mit MLP Lossless 5.1

cy22915k7892akxsp.jpg

Blood,Sweat & Tears - Same Hybrid SACD

cy50npe7yemxsaexl.jpg

The Guess Who - The Best the Guess Who Hybrid SACD

cyri3mqxdlmwubaxl.jpg

:)

"Liars" by Todd Rundgren on DVD-A

Got it used for $4
This is a silverline disc, but I heard this one is better than many of their other titles so I went with it. :)

America - Homecoming SACD release from Audio Fidelity. This one just arrived and I'm enjoying it tonight. Another great offering from AF and one I did not purchase in it's previous release. So I'm happy to finally have a copy to enjoy. Not a huge volume of hits on this recording, but if you just enjoy the style of America you should love this one.

Picked up Getz/Gilberto at my local Fry's. Not exotic but one I didn't own for some reason.

John Hiatt "Master of Disaster" SACD

Plus I FINALLY purchased the CD/DVD-A edition of "Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots" by The Flaming Lips.
Didn't want to pay as much as I paid for it, but after years of searching CD stores, I never found a copy, so I'm taking the plunge.
Hope it's worth it! :)

Plus I FINALLY purchased the CD/DVD-A edition of "Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots" by The Flaming Lips.
Didn't want to pay as much as I paid for it, but after years of searching CD stores, I never found a copy, so I'm taking the plunge.

As a mixer of surround music you need to own Yoshimi just to hear what can be done in the 5.1 format. That album is all about pushing the boundaries to the absolute limit and still making it work.

I have Robots and another Lips DVD-A...can't think of the name of the 2nd one...I Love them both. compressed a bit? Oh yeah...fun to listen to...heck yeah.

I have Robots and another Lips DVD-A...can't think of the name of the 2nd one...I Love them both. compressed a bit? Oh yeah...fun to listen to...heck yeah.

There are a few Flaming Lips 5.1 DVD-A's afaik.. your other could be "The Soft Bulletin" or "At War With The Mystics"?

Back