What's the latest Multichannel SACD or DVD-A added to your pile? - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK, today was flea market time here in my hometown. I think I made some good shots there:

BeachBoys.jpeg

Newman.jpeg

Outkast.jpeg

(Note: Price sticker shows actual price paid by the original poster in the European currency "Euro".)

-Kristian

The seller had another copy of the Randy Newman disc, for 10 Euro. I asked the seller why they were priced so different, as I could not see any difference. He then looked, and said "My wife priced the cheap one."

Told him to give his wife a kiss from me. :) For that price I cannot sing it myself...

-Kristian

Earth, Wind and Fire Open our eyes SACD. Very niiiice as Borat would say.

Attachments

• 015.jpg
    015.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 241
Just purchased the CD/DVD-A edition of "Shangri-La" by Mark Knopfler
Only around $20 too, so I'm very happy to finally add this one to my collection.
Could have bought the SACD edition on multiple occasions online, but I prefer CD/DVD-A over SACD so I'm glad I'm finally getting the version of this that I want. :)

Waiting for me when I got back,

Pentatone:
Guiliani, Castelnuovo-Tedesco & Villa-Lobos - Guitar Concertos 4.0 SACD
Ravel - Orchestral Works 4.0 SACD

Audio Fidelity:
Labelle - Nightbirds 4.0 SACD
Billy Joel - Streetlife Serenade 4.0 SACD

Super Furry Animals' Phantom Power. I have Rings Around the World on the way.

220px-Phantompower.JPG

Love these guys. Nice evolving videos for these songs as well as a separate visual for if you play the whole record at once.

Not sure my previous reply to this posted – I recently got Super Furry Animals' Phantom Power – and have Rings Around the World coming in the mail. Got both used from Amazon for like $12 total including shipping.

Really good stuff from a super (furry) and fun band! The animations for the songs are fun and there's a completely different one for the whole album if you play all.

220px-PhantomPowerDVD.jpg

I only wish I had a SACD player to play Love Kraft.

View attachment 19177

Tiny Island. Wonderfully mellow music with a gentle Hawaiian mood. Warm and natural surround sound. Tastefully ambient in the rear channels. Recommended. Mahalo!

Here's a mini review... http://www.soundstage.com/music/reviews/rev626.htm

And a couple of samples...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=OqGgimL76o8

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ivmYBmpgRdA

Tiny Island is a good one. The group is Eric Bibb's backup band.

Also recommended, some of Eric Bibb's albums in Multichannel SACD on Opus 3 and in Stereo DSD Downloads on DSD File.

Not sure my previous reply to this posted – I recently got Super Furry Animals' Phantom Power – and have Rings Around the World coming in the mail. Got both used from Amazon for like $12 total including shipping.

Really good stuff from a super (furry) and fun band! The animations for the songs are fun and there's a completely different one for the whole album if you play all.

220px-PhantomPowerDVD.jpg

I only wish I had a SACD player to play Love Kraft.

Love Kraft is worth getting an SACD player for.. the surround mix is excellent.

Back