What's the latest Multichannel SACD or DVD-A added to your pile? - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The back cover

004.JPG

Hi Lute,

Since you live in Japan I will let you know Ive had some good luck on my family visits there. The Tower records in Osaka is where I bought the SQ edition of the cd of Supersession which imho sounds as good as the new sacd edition. I visited Disk Union in Shinjuku and bought some quad records there and one of the salespersons knew what quad was! Kyoto has some good used vinyl stores near the city hall. Near Namba stop in Osaka there used to be a little cubbyhole crammed with lots of records called Naka where I found some good vinyl and they had sacds too. But they closed that location.
But where do fit your collection and surround system in your tiny apaato? :)

View attachment 19325I have the stereo SACD version of this album and I like it a lot...I wanted to compare the 2 versions as some people didn't like the surround mix on this one...

I enjoy the surround mix fwiw.. not as much as the Hourglass M/Ch (which was by Filipetti rather than the others incl JT remixed by Kunkel iirc) oh and sounds really great too imho. Interested to see how you get on with it :)

Hi Lute,

Since you live in Japan I will let you know Ive had some good luck on my family visits there. The Tower records in Osaka is where I bought the SQ edition of the cd of Supersession which imho sounds as good as the new sacd edition. I visited Disk Union in Shinjuku and bought some quad records there and one of the salespersons knew what quad was! Kyoto has some good used vinyl stores near the city hall. Near Namba stop in Osaka there used to be a little cubbyhole crammed with lots of records called Naka where I found some good vinyl and they had sacds too. But they closed that location.
But where do fit your collection and surround system in your tiny apaato? :)

Thanks, Jefe!

It's nice to hear from someone familiar with Japan. I have been to Kansai several times, but haven't done much music shopping there. I make up for it by spending too much time and money in Tokyo, though. LOL! ;)

Don't ask about how I store my collection. It's pretty haphazard. :mad:@: But I manage. It would probably be a whole lot easier to store all this music on a computer, but I am still attached to physical media. I should at least weed out some disks that I don't need and get them back in circulation for someone else to try. I know that I am always excited to try new stuff.

Yoroshiku onegaishimasu! :D

Funny to think.. I used to work for a company with their offices in the Leliegracht and would go out there several times a year but never thought to visit any record stores (I'm not sure I saw any! I don't recall anyway?) when I was there (very unlike me.. guess I was too busy with work! :eek: ) but if I had I could've had these sneaky SACD suckers (although I wasn't into the rare stuff then and didn't even know these titles existed at the time! :D) ah.. it's all tick a tick a tick a tick a timing I guess! It does feel like I'll never get to own some of these super HTF discs though.. I'm constantly teetering on the brink of giving up the search (but then I get sucked back in!) Boo!! :p

Certainly will :) (hoping to have a listening session over the weekend).

ps. Even if it's all that (and it had a good reception back in the day iirc, so it might be worthwhile) I don't know how easy this might be for you to get cheap these days?
I've been looking for a copy for ok money from a seller that would ship to the UK where I could confirm it was the DVD-A and not the DVD-V for literally years.

I was able to get the DVD-A version new and sealed for $39(including shipping)...

004.JPG

Back