What's the latest Multichannel SACD or DVD-A added to your pile? - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Trivial Pursuit Time..!

What links Track 4 of The Nightfly with Track 1 of the Madman Across The Water album?

Or.....now stay with me here:

- in track 4 of The Nightfly, Maxine, Donald Fagen sings "Mexico City is like another world",
- in the Alvin and the Chipmunks film "The Chipmunk Adventure" those wacky chipmunks visit Mexico City,
- The actor Jason Lee plays a character in the Alvin and the Chipmunks films,
- Jason Lee is also in (and sings in) the film Almost Famous,
- in a brilliant scene from Almost Famous the characters are on a bus singing Tiny Dancer,
- Tiny Dancer is track 1 of Madman Across the Water.

Phew, did I get it?! Bored at work, me? Never :mad:@:!!

Or.....now stay with me here:

- in track 4 of The Nightfly, Maxine, Donald Fagen sings "Mexico City is like another world",
- in the Alvin and the Chipmunks film "The Chipmunk Adventure" those wacky chipmunks visit Mexico City,
- The actor Jason Lee plays a character in the Alvin and the Chipmunks films,
- Jason Lee is also in (and sings in) the film Almost Famous,
- in a brilliant scene from Almost Famous the characters are on a bus singing Tiny Dancer,
- Tiny Dancer is track 1 of Madman Across the Water.

Phew, did I get it?! Bored at work, me? Never :mad:@:!!

Haha! That's not Trivial Pursuits! That's six degrees of surround separation! :D

Spectrum-Billy Cobham featuring Tommy Bolin

Whack up the rears, lower the centre and crank the master volume..!

(..Would be my advice if you are underwhelmed initially with this one..)

QQ member steelydave came up with a detailed set of notes in one of his "second guessing the engineer" threads on here, I'll have a look for the link and post back.. his adjustments make a world of difference to the mixes, imho.. sound quality generally is excellent fwiw.

Edit: See link to relevant thread below..

Hope you like it, if not at least it was cheap :)

Can't wait for all that lovely Dutch! :p
(iirc one of the tracks was on a Universal SACD promo/sampler so I've a rough idea what I'm in for but maybe a whole album's worth will be a bit much! :eek: )

Edit: Not bad price, £12.99.. I saw it for half that but got my copy from a really great seller I've bought from before and trust 100% to come up with the goods.. which they did again today :D

Al Di Meola Consequence of Chaos SACD Multichannel
Outstanding audio!
Discreet surround that really fills out the room.
Well the music is good also :)

Bass Communion ‎– Pacific Codex (DVD-A)

folder.jpg

[SIZE=-1]Vivaldi: Late Violin Concertos; Giuliano Carmignola (violin), Venice Baroque Orchestra, Andrea Marcon (conductor) - (Single Layer MultiChannel SACD).[/SIZE]

image.jpg

Back