What's the latest Multichannel SACD or DVD-A added to your pile? - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Guess Who - Best Of (Hybr. M-Ch SACD),
Die Prophezeiung - E Nomine (Hybrid M-Ch SACD).

image.jpg

Not really. After that I`ve heard the Bonus Disc. Than my wife came from work and we`ve looked a chapter of Navi CIS. :)

Now this arrival at work

Bread - The Best of Bread Hybrid SACD

cx6ncqvoumi8cx88j.jpg

Thanks to the recent discussion on this thread of Tutu, I just scored a copy from ebay for $20. One of the few that eluded me during the golden age of DVDA's.

Whatever that is, it's not a legit release.

Edit: to clarify, if it indeed is a DVD-A, then it is not a legit release. AFAIK, this was never released as a DVD-A. The AF gold disc was HDCD, which is obviously not multichannel.

Exactly! It is upmixed.

Damn - you do buy a LOT of stuff...

Actually, I had even more in my basket before heading to the register. LOL! There were some good sales in town last weekend...being a holiday here. I initially went there to get AF's recent Bread, B,S & T, etc... But, I couldn't leave without the above SACDs. I don't know if you're deep into classical. But, my favs of the group so far are...the exquiste Desprez and the excellent 17th century violin sonatas performed by Uta Pape. For any newcomers, the orchestral highlights of Wagner's Ring are given a moving performance. It's not totally immersive...mostly ambient, but there is some discrete use of the rears. And the center channel is used effectively to open up the front soundstage. Heck...they're all good! :eek:

Actually, I had even more in my basket before heading to the register. LOL! There were some good sales in town last weekend...being a holiday here. I initially went there to get AF's recent Bread, B,S & T, etc... But, I couldn't leave without the above SACDs. I don't know if you're deep into classical. But, my favs of the group so far are...the exquiste Desprez and the excellent 17th century violin sonatas performed by Uta Pape. For any newcomers, the orchestral highlights of Wagner's Ring are given a moving performance. It's not totally immersive...mostly ambient, but there is some discrete use of the rears. And the center channel is used effectively to open up the front soundstage. Heck...they're all good! :eek:

here at my location the days when you can buy DVDAs and SACDs from brick and mortar stores, long gone. last one,
who had SACDs on shelves was small outlet at chinese "Pacific Place" mall. well, assortment was mostly chinese/japanese
artists, followed by classical titles and sporadic western pop titles. but even this one gone now for about 2 or 3 years.
online stores only the way to obtain such formats now and that's sux.

Jeff Wayne's Musik Version Von Der Krieg Der Welten (Hybrid MultiCh SACD 2-disc set).

(I've referred to this one on here before but I don't know if anyone took me seriously.. it really does exist - there's also a Spanish version believe it or not - anyway.. I finally found a copy for decent money.. it's not that exciting, just essentially the album we all know but with Richard Burton's narration replaced with Curt Jurgens'.. but a lovely little curiosity for the sacd zealot who wishes to have everything nevertheless..! :D ).

image.jpg

Back