What's the latest Multichannel SACD or DVD-A added to your pile? - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just received Seventh Sojourn in the mail and my jaw is on the ground and I am only half way through it. I also got the Lynyrd Skynyrd hits and it is waiting in line. Life is good. Merry Christmas to me.

Who was sending out the smashed ones? B&N?

ImportCD's.

To be fair it probably got smashed in transit. On the other hand, the packaging it was sent in was barely one step up from construction paper.

Last edited:
Serenada Schizophrana - Danny Elfman; John Mauceri Orchestra (Hybrid MultiCh SACD).

Edit: Just noticed this is my 600th Multichannel SACD.. YEAY! :banana:

Edison Baggins Edit: Thanks to EB for the heads up about this one! Thanks mate :upthumb

This arrived in the post today.

It is an unusual combination of the seasons by two different composers. A very dynamic recording making full use of all the loudspeakers, and not just for ambiance. This is aggressive and immersive. And it works well.

revich_vivaldi_piazzolla_rear.jpg

This was delivered to the wrong address - a neighbour has brought it round for me.

Berliner Cellharmoniker - Cocktail Vol 2

Four cellists, conveniently occupying front left, front right, rear left, rear right, with me, the listener, sat smack dab in the middle. A VERY varied program kicking off with St Louis Blues as you've probably never heard it before. Sure, it's four classical musicians, but it isn't classical music. Neither is it jazz nor popular. At first listen it works quite well, and the engulfing surround mix is magnificent.

cellharmoniker.jpg

Thanks, Oxenholme!

Those look very intriguing! I am a huge fan of ARS Produktion's SACDs.

Another wonderful surround recording of theirs is

"Pictures - die 12 pianisten, Karlsruher Schlagzeug Ensemble" which includes an fantastic piano arrangement of Mussorgsky's Pictures at an Exhibition. The surround mix is über discrete...completely immersive with excellent fidelity!

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Not the latest DVD-A for me cause I already bought a copy for me about 6 months ago, but last week I purchased my mother a copy of the 3-disc Best of Seal 1991-2004 and gave it to her this morning so she can play the 5.1 DVD-A in her Acura. It's one of my favorite 5.1 compilations so I'm hopeful she will enjoy it as much as I do! :)

Not the latest DVD-A for me cause I already bought a copy for me about 6 months ago, but last week I purchased my mother a copy of the 3-disc Best of Seal 1991-2004 and gave it to her this morning so she can play the 5.1 DVD-A in her Acura. It's one of my favorite 5.1 compilations so I'm hopeful she will enjoy it as much as I do! :)

Nice gesture(y)..I love that disc...doesn't get enough credit IMO

Back