What's the latest Multichannel SACD or DVD-A added to your pile? - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just received this morning...
001.jpg
002.jpg
004.jpg
003.jpg

Thank you for mentioning this, Lute. I ordered it immediately, and it is really good! Not at all gimmicky as one could suspect reading that there are flowerpots and else strange things are used as music instruments. Sound and surround mix are great, so I really enjoy this much more than I expected!

Great! It's a very imaginative arrangement. I'm glad you liked it, too. I'm forward TACET's recording of Pictures. I hope it's as interesting. :brew

I just took possession of Strange Days by the Doors. Average sounding disc but OMG I am so excited. It contains the best one minute of recorded music ever, the dual guitar solo in When The Music's Over. I think they swapped channels, I will check that out closer tomorrow. The strange thing for me is that when the record came out I did most of my listening on my eight track in my car. And the last track on channel three was Horse's Latitudes, then it switched channels and When The Music's Over would start. So I always have those two songs connected in my mind, so much so that I put them together on an mp3 and that is what I have been listening to for years. I used to have them together on a cassette. Now they are spread far apart.

Just listened to a group called Rambient on DVD Audio. Very synthy, and really different for me. But I loved the first listen and have a feeling I will like it more on the second. Bought it based on someone's mention on QQ, so thanks for turning me on to this you amazing unremembered QQ person...

I just bought…

– King Crimson - Thrak (DVD-A + CD)
– Beck - Sea Change (HFPA / BD-A)

and, though sadly only available in Stereo

– David Bowie - Blackstar

which I am super duper excited about!

I had the Beck Album as a DVD-A some years back and really liked the Dolby Mix. Astoundingly clean, very warm sounding disc. Pity I never experienced the DVD-A side of it. But now I'll give it a try on the BD-Player. Plus: in my opinion it's one of the very few mixes that I know of that still sound fantastic even when you're not terrorizing your neighborhood. That's a big plus! ;-)

This one's for Clint....Silverline's ( if I recall correctly) "Inside The Music- Classic Crooners"! Some of these releases are not bad as we have noted over the years, I picked this up because (a) it was $10 shipped, and (b) I had never seen this one in the series before, anywhere. Something tells me it was never a big seller, so.....in 10 years I will be funding my retirement when I sell this puppy for a Gazillion. You know you will want it......

"Machine Head" by Deep Purple arrived today!
(5.1 Surround Hybrid SACD from Warner Japan)
(No Pictures, all of you already know what it looks like…) ;)

Elton John - Elton John sacd. The last one of his 'classics' that I didn't have. Sounding good so far, like the others (y)

Recently purchased:

Sly & The Family Stone -Greatest Hits
Alice Cooper - Muscle of Love
Loggins & Messina

All AF 4.0 SACD's

The Isley Brothers-3+3 SACD with a broken hinge(just like Cibola's)...a special purchase at the "gentle" behest of Freddy blue bland and Lute Skywalker...and a quote from the back cover of this disc.."The 5.1 mix has been remastered and adapted from the original quadraphonic analogue tapes, respecting and maintaining the original surround imaging"...we will see about that..

Finished out my catalog of thus-far-released King Crimson surround discs with Islands, Lizard, and Wake of Poseidon. It is going to be a fun weekend.

Finished out my catalog of thus-far-released King Crimson surround discs with Islands, Lizard, and Wake of Poseidon. It is going to be a fun weekend.

I definitely recommend listening to those albums in chronological order starting with "Poseidon" so you can hear the musical evolution that took place over the course of those three albums. All three are very different from each other, so it should make for a very fun and exploratory listening weekend. :)

I definitely recommend listening to those albums in chronological order starting with "Poseidon" so you can hear the musical evolution that took place over the course of those three albums. All three are very different from each other, so it should make for a very fun and exploratory listening weekend. :)
Will do that - thanks for the tip. Was just heading downstairs to fire them up.

Back