What's the latest Multichannel SACD or DVD-A added to your pile? - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mark Knopfler - Sailing to Philidelphia - DVD-A
Paul Simon - You're the One - DVD-A

This one came today :banana:.

fot9w.jpg

These two came yesterday....at my home.....where I´m NOT for 3 or 4 weeks :(. Sorry for the crappy pictures.

24g2446.jpg

i3xbfa.jpg

The bottom one is Manowar - Warriors of the World, didn't get a front picture from the better half (not with photography as you can see :)).

Just arrived today: a belated birthday gift from my younger brother of the Multichannel SACD of Earth Wind & Fire's "Open Our Eyes".
That now means that I have all of the Audio Fidelity Quadraphonic SACDs currently available except for Labelle's "Nightbirds" and the Best of Judy Collins.
I'm definitely not about to buy the Judy Collins SACD as it's just not my kind of music, but I might buy Labelle at some point before it becomes OOP.

I just need to make sure that I've got enough money to get "The Collection" when it's released as that's top priority right now as far as SACD purchases go! :)

Been adding titles when I can even if I have them already do to market values. Examples

Bowie : Spiders from Mars SACD. didn't own yet mint cond
Aerosmith: Toys in the Attic SACD. with sleeve now have 2 deal was too good to pass up
ELP: BSS. DVD -AUDIO. original 1st release in CD jewel case have 2 deal was too good to pass up
CTA: 1st Rhino Quadradisc been looking for this one for a while .... Top of my wish list
DPurple: Machine Head (2). one original 1st release in CD jewel case DVD-AUDIO, and the 2003 SACD with European quad.

Been adding titles when I can even if I have them already due to market values. Examples

Aerosmith: Toys in the Attic SACD. with sleeve now have 2 deal was too good to pass up
ELP: BSS. DVD -AUDIO. original 1st release in CD jewel case have 2 deal was too good to pass up
CTA: 1st Rhino Quadradisc been looking for this one for a while .... Top of my wish list
DPurple: Machine Head (2). one original 1st release in CD jewel case DVD-AUDIO, and the 2003 SACD with European quad.

Last edited:
Been adding titles when I can even if I have them already due to market values. Examples

Nice ones Dave - Especially the Chicago transit Auth one :banana:

Nice to see ya on here toooooooooo:cool:

Hey Snood ...as you know I've been predisposed a little and I thought I would pay a visit because I was restless and couldn't sleep.

Last edited:

What's the details on "deal was too good to pass up" ?

BB King & Eric Clapton: Riding with the king DVD_A
A really good surround disc i think. I have Audiofidelitys SACD which i think has an better stereo track but they make an nice pair i think.

David Bowie: David Live DVD-A.
An expensive buy on Ebay but i think it was worth it! This is en really enjoyable disc with good surround

Billy Cobham: Spectrum SACD.
I´m having some problems to adjust with having the guitar from the back speakers but as the drummer is the artist i guess it is fair that he has the front for himself :)
As long as i don´t have the drums in the left back speaker all the time as on the Who´s Tommy Bluray i am satisfied

Last edited:
Arrived this afternoon from the USA, Bob Dylan - Live 1964. I haven't had a chance to listen to it, as a few on the 5.1 pile. The Enid's 5.1 FLAC "Dust" jumped the queue! Next on the to listen to list is Herbie Hancock's "Thrust" & Big Big Train's "Stone & Steel"

Back