What's the latest Multichannel SACD or DVD-A added to your pile? - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
These two multichannel SACDs showed up today from MusicDirect.

newsacds_combined.jpg

The classical one is 3-channel stereo.

The Moody Blues - A Question Of Balance SACD. I needed this one for the set :)

A personal favorite of mine! One of my favorite things about this SACD release is getting to hear "Question" as it was originally recorded through the Quad mix.
If you listen carefully to the stereo mix, they performed an edit a few seconds in which lasts right up until Justin Hayward comes in with the vocal melody, and I personally love the stripped down buildup which occurs in the Quad mix over the stereo mix that's most well-known. :)

That's a great disc I just listened to it. Great sound quality and music. I hope Swingin For the fences comes close to it....

That's a great disc I just listened to it. Great sound quality and music. I hope Swingin For the fences comes close to it....

Got Swinging For The Fences a couple weeks ago, the DVD-A has even better DR numbers than XXL, and that's saying something, hope you enjoy it. Funny, been so busy with BD concerts, BD-A and SACDs, SFTF is my first ever DVD-A and XXL is my first DualDisc. Oh well, gotta start somewhere :)

Got Swinging For The Fences a couple weeks ago, the DVD-A has even better DR numbers than XXL, and that's saying something, hope you enjoy it. Funny, been so busy with BD concerts, BD-A and SACDs, SFTF is my first ever DVD-A and XXL is my first DualDisc. Oh well, gotta start somewhere :)

I love XXL, both the music and the sound, but haven't got Swinging For The Fences yet. I've just got Big Phat Band - sadly only Dolby Digital 5.1, but still pretty good.

Katatonia - The Great Cold Distance DVD-A. I haven't got anything by this band, but thought I should dip my toe in before their new one comes out.

Happy Friday everyone :friday:

0000011.jpg

Got these two SACD titles today in the mail.

The Carpenters: Singles 1969-1981 / 5.1 Multichannel/Stereo (Very hard to find for a good price but finally got it)

Earth, Wind & Fire: Open Our Eyes / 4.0 Multichannel/Stereo (Love the band)

Regards,

Sergio Perez-More

Thrust - Herbie Hancock 4.0 SACD Also have a mint SQ LP from the day.
Spectrum - Cobly Bilham 4.0 SACD (unreleased Quad mix) Previously bought this one on 2ch LP, CD & DVD-A 5.1 (different mix.)
Live 1964 Concert at Philharmonic Hall - The Zim 5.0 SACD x2 Bought this on CD when first officially released.

Three birthday presents from my honey!

Hadn't listened to the Carpenters Singles SACD in a couple years. Played it a couple weeks ago. YOU NEED IT!!
"We are observing your earth."

How do you like the bit towards the end of JB's solo where the guitar flits about from speaker to speaker to speaker to speaker as it builds? :upthumb

One word.

AWESOME!!!!!!!

Trying to buy now "Bryan Ferry: Boys and Girls Multichannel/Stereo SACD" for a good price, under $60.00 usd if possible.

Wish me luck.

Regards,

Sergio Perez-More

Back