What's the latest Multichannel SACD or DVD-A added to your pile? - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Received some King Crimsons:

IMG_9590web_zpsktqv5lg4.jpg

Some? That's actually all of them released so far. What a nice haul! I hope you enjoy them all as much as I do! :)

Was not shure if I had missed one or two - good to read that I got them all, thanks. Yes - I do enjoy them very much - al lot of great songs - in glorious surround!

A few weeks back I found a single layer multi channel surround SA-CD of Billy Joel The Stranger in the bins of my local for FIVE DOLLARS!

Cheers, Michael

Last edited:
The release that fizzywiggs41 is referring to: https://www.burningshed.com/store/kingcrimson/product/313/3803/
It's certainly not as good as the studio album DVDAs (IMHO), but it's a cheaper and more convenient way to experience the live THRAK lineup in surround without having to damage your checking or savings account like you would potentially have to with the "THRAK" box. (As amazing as it is.) :)

Well, it's not as" great " as a studio album, in my mind but it should not be dismissed.I think it's good and full of Thrak.:D

Also one of the longest running DVDA'S I know of , each of the 2 discs, btw.

Well, it's not as" great " as a studio album, in my mind but it should not be dismissed.I think it's good and full of Thrak.:D

Also one of the longest running DVDA'S I know of , each of the 2 discs, btw.

I certainly wasn't 'dismissing' it if that's what you think I was doing.

No, no by no means, it's just my opinion that it's good, as well.Not great, but still good.(y)

Great would be the "Studio " discs, for the most part, although there are some live tracks worked in on Starless And Bible Black I believe, and it's not noticeable.

Their "live" discs are unique, I think.(y)

I hope you find a surround Stranger and all your grail discs. I've been pretty lucky over the years and finding vintage and surround discs in the bins. The only title I paid a collectors premium for was $60 for a Roxy Music Avalon multi-channel SA-CD.

Happy hunting and listening, Michael

It was one that'd been on my shopping list a long time.. so I now have a lovely pair of Shania's (latest purchase sits alongside her American cousin.. two cuties!) :eek:

European pressing = Red/Left <<<< + >>>> American pressing = White/Right..

Last edited:
Back