What's the latest Multichannel SACD or DVD-A added to your pile? - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Am I crazy or is the America Homecoming DVD-Audio supposed to have a hidden menu that goes over their other albums? I had an ISO of this and it had Tin Man and Horse With No Name on the album. Can't find anything in the documentation though.

All I see and hear are the 10 tracks plus 6 'Bonus audio interviews', and you can call up the track lyrics & some photos whilst the disc is playing. Didn't find anything when I tried on my PC either.

Am I crazy or is the America Homecoming DVD-Audio supposed to have a hidden menu that goes over their other albums? I had an ISO of this and it had Tin Man and Horse With No Name on the album. Can't find anything in the documentation though.

Well done Laddie! (y)

Wind And Wuthering & A Trick Of The Tail are my favorite Genesis records. :music

Do you have the Gabriel era box?

gif image hosting

Ta matey :upthumb
Well I had all the individual SACDs and the Green and Red SACD boxes already, I just needed the blue SACD box for.. well, for the blue box.. oh and for the bonus discs :eek:

Ta matey :upthumb
Well I had all the individual SACDs and the Green and Red SACD boxes already, I just needed the blue SACD box for.. well, for the blue box.. oh and for the bonus discs :eek:

..and now (thanks to your pic, DMJ, you tease! :p ) I need the Live and Movie boxes, of course.. (well I don't, I don't even know what's in them.. :eek: ..but they look so pretty.. :ugham: )

Stuck it on the Turntable to see, but nope no subliminal messages, just weird screeching and crunching sounds (maybe that's it?), I think the stylus was missing those uber-thin invisible grooves, must need a better turntable..................

Did you try playing it "backwards" for the hidden messages...just saying:couch

I've never bought the DVD box set, is it any good? Plus you had to add extra purchases to fill the box!

..and now (thanks to your pic, DMJ, you tease! :p ) I need the Live and Movie boxes, of course.. (well I don't, I don't even know what's in them.. :eek: ..but they look so pretty.. :ugham: )

Here's my rundown of the Live and Movie box sets from Genesis.

The live box is worth buying for a good price for the three 5.1 mixes contained in it:
-"Genesis Live" (Recorded & Released in 1973; with additional live tracks recorded on "The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway" tour in 1975)
-"Seconds Out" (Recorded & Released in 1977)
And the exclusive bonus disc:
-"Live at the Rainbow 1973"

The Movie box is really no longer worth seeking out, simply because you can now purchase a Blu-Ray copy of "Three Sides Live" on its own. The Wembley Stadium and "Way We Walk" DVDs can also be purchased on their own, so that really just leaves the Mama Tour DVD as the only good exclusive in the entire Movie set.

If it's any use, here are the poll threads for the three 5.1 mixes from the Live box:
https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/forums/showthread.php?11998-Genesis-Live-(DTS2496-amp-Dolby-5-1)
https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/fo...e-At-The-Rainbow-1973-(DTS2496-amp-Dolby-5-1)
https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/fo...5-Genesis-Seconds-Out-(DTS2496-amp-Dolby-5-1)

:)

I've never bought the DVD box set, is it any good? Plus you had to add extra purchases to fill the box!

The DVD MOVIE box set (White box) has only one blank cd case with cd album picture of "When In Rome".

The Live box set (grey box) has what Ryan mentioned already,3 discs of 73-77 live Genesis. (It's to bad they only give you a few songs from the "Live Lamb " concert, as this was the final tour with Peter Gabriel ).:rolleyes:

For me the live grey box is well worth collecting.:sun

The band had originally planned on putting the When in Rome DVD in the box. When it was announced though, they got a lot of grief from the fanbase. As When in Rome was a very recent release at the time, fans felt they were being made to buy something a second time so soon after they had first bought it. As a result, the band decided to leave it out of the box, but leave a space for it.

I've noticed in recent years, that if you look hard enough, you can find a copy of the box for very little money. One recently went on eBay for as little as $26.

The DVD MOVIE box set (White box) has only one blank cd case with cd album picture of "When In Rome".

The Live box set (grey box) has what Ryan mentioned already,3 discs of 73-77 live Genesis. (It's to bad they only give you a few songs from the "Live Lamb " concert, as this was the final tour with Peter Gabriel ).:rolleyes:

For me the live grey box is well worth collecting.:sun

From my memory of my time as a former member of the Official Genesis online forum, I seem to recall the main reason why "The Lamb…" live wasn't issued in full for the box was because it had already been released in full as part of the Archive 1967-75 box (in stereo only, obviously) while only segments of the Rainbow show had been released before.
Including both would have just made the box set too large, which would also have driven up the price. I'm at least glad that they took the time and effort to include certain tracks from "The Lamb" show (in surround) on "Genesis Live". They sound fantastic! :)

The band had originally planned on putting the When in Rome DVD in the box. When it was announced though, they got a lot of grief from the fanbase. As When in Rome was a very recent release at the time, fans felt they were being made to buy something a second time so soon after they had first bought it. As a result, the band decided to leave it out of the box, but leave a space for it.

I've noticed in recent years, that if you look hard enough, you can find a copy of the box for very little money. One recently went on eBay for as little as $26.

That reminds me. Out of all of the Genesis live DVDs released, "When In Rome" is by far-and-away the best one. It features an incredible setlist of Genesis music stretching from 1973 to 1991, and they were on full force that night in Rome, giving a near-perfect performance. Collins' vocals in particular shine through very clearly, not to mention it features a visually stunning stage set, a lot of good bonus material, and a good surround sound mix to boot!
(Besides this one, the new "Three Sides Live" Blu-Ray also comes highly recommended, especially for the 7 audio-only bonus tracks in surround!) :)

Chuckling over that Rome HD-DVD that hasn't shown up yet and no Blu Ray ever announced that I'm aware of.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back