What's the latest Multichannel SACD or DVD-A added to your pile? - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks folks, it is somewhat irritating, the company I work for decided to get rid of 12000 world wide, and I wasn't in my US bosses good books, so kind of predictable. Sod the food, my main concern is can I continue to feed my surround sound habit!

A pity to hear you are losing your job Duncan. Hopefully you will find something else for early next year.

Oh.. $h!t..! :yikes
I didn't see that bit in Duncan's previous post, I was too distracted by the pretty pictures! :eek:
Sorry to hear about your job Duncan mate :(
Hopefully you will find something new soon :upthumb

6 months notice. Wow. We'd never get that much notice in the USA. Maybe 8 weeks max.

Yep, some colleagues on another site in the UK that's closing will be gone by August. I know it can very brutal in the US, a sister site in the US have been told end of 2017, whilst other US sites will be gone very soon. Mind you getting an e-mail telling me about my 'journey' to separation didn't exactly endear HR to me!

6 months notice. Wow. We'd never get that much notice in the USA. Maybe 8 weeks max.

Rob Reed's Sanctuary II arrived, and its a DVD-Audio, I'd forgotten it was to be released this week, a nice surprise :banana: - So that makes up for being told yesterday I'm being made redundant at Christmas :howl

I'll give it a listen tomorrow.

Thanks Duncan - I was waiting for anyone to confirm the disc being sold is dvd-a. Just placed my order - $28.69cdn is pretty darn good considering Amazon.ca wants $35cdn.

When I was 45 I got canned. I went back to school for 2 years to get a computer tech diploma. I'm retired now but those last 18 years were the best working years of my life.

The DVD-A was done by QQ's very own Neil Wilkes! I really liked Sanctuary I and the snippets released of II sound great. So tomorrow I hope to be able to mellow out to II :music

BTW, thanks for the encouragement :), I had wondered about trying to do something completely different. I'll be closer to six-o by cull time, but I have a BSc & PhD in Electronics so I hope, if I can, to pick up some freelance work until I can retire. I have to say though the thought of travelling around to get work is not ideal and means being away from a 4.0/5.1 set-up a chunk of the time :( so probably week time it'd be stereo mp3/flac.

Thanks Duncan - I was waiting for anyone to confirm the disc being sold is dvd-a. Just placed my order - $28.69cdn is pretty darn good considering Amazon.ca wants $35cdn.

When I was 45 I got canned. I went back to school for 2 years to get a computer tech diploma. I'm retired now but those last 18 years were the best working years of my life.

Rob Reed Sanctuary II; And it is damn good! Thoroughly recommended to everyone who likes music. Much better than the first volume, excellent dynamic sound, great mastering, smooth, clear, fun to listen to. Excellent release.

Back