What's the latest Multichannel SACD or DVD-A added to your pile? - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Honestly shocked I got this for only $35 on Ebay.

51wrhHGgeEL._SY355_.jpg

Elton John's Madman Across The Water and Honky Chateau

Both are incredible 5.1 remixes by Brad Penny

Just upgraded my left and right Fronts and its such a pleasure to find some great new recordings to enjoy.

Elton John's Madman Across The Water and Honky Chateau

Both are incredible 5.1 remixes by Brad Penny

Just upgraded my left and right Fronts and its such a pleasure to find some great new recordings to enjoy.

Blue Monk, can you please give us a review of the Mahler box when you have a chance? Also, if you have other versions, such as the Tilson-Thomas SACD's which I own, a comparison would be appreciated, too.

"...perhaps piece of Mahlers. I'll drink to that, and one for Mahler..." Elaine Stritch from Sondheim's Company: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=virv-1o2KjE

Blue Monk, can you please give us a review of the Mahler box when you have a chance? Also, if you have other versions, such as the Tilson-Thomas SACD's which I own, a comparison would be appreciated, too.

"...perhaps piece of Mahlers. I'll drink to that, and one for Mahler..." Elaine Stritch from Sondheim's Company: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=virv-1o2KjE

I'm always most eager to reply when prompted by a Sondheim quote. :) First impressions are excellent, Linda. I'm listened thus far to the 3rd and 9th. The surround is enveloping but of the 'in-the-hall' variety and fidelity is outstanding. I'm sure Lute and others can give you a more informed view regarding comparisons between cycles as I only have a hodgepodge of the individual symphonies on disc.

Was out of town earlier this week for work. Arrived home to find three purchases came in.

The first was a cheap purchase: Stupid Dream by Porcupine Tree

51t4EduBzZL.jpg

Next was a little bit more but one I've always wanted even though I'm not a huge fan.

Carly+Simon+No+Secrets+555225.jpg

But the final one was my unicorn. The purchase I stupidly never made when it was $19.99 back in the hey days of SACD. Got it for $46! Possibly a desert island disc for me. Do they have 5.1 on desert islands?

roxymusic_avalon_sacd.jpg

Back