What's the latest Multichannel SACD or DVD-A added to your pile? - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Brian Wilson-Live at the Roxy DVDA
2 Big Phat Band DVD-Audio discs - "Swingin' For The Fences" and "XXL"

Got 3 used disk's from Guy R(thanks Guy).

The Big Phat Band are more discreet then the Brian Wilson DVDA but I could only stand listening to a few songs from the Big Phat before putting in the Brian Wilson Dvda in my Acura as perfect music to listen to on a lovely sunny day.
When in the house I listened to Brian Wilson as well all the way through and I really like it, so put a a review in the Dvda section.
I mark this one down into you can have the perfectly played albums like the Big Phat but I am not really into big band music so I can appreciate it but I get bored as happened to me on Saturday, had my son in the car with me and I said, "that's enough of that big band music" and he agreed with me and put the Brian Wilson DVDA in and it was all smiles as we listening to those fun little ditties about california girls,surf boards, etc and Brian's love of lush rich vocal harmonies sure does shine through on this disk.

MoFi SACD Santana "Abraxas". I've been waiting over two years for this one to get released. Sounds great though I STILL want a new multichannel SACD of it.

Just a reminder, the correct thread for latest stereo SACD purchases is here: https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/fo...test-Stereo-(or-Mono)-SACD-in-Your-Collection

To get this thread back on track, I'm happy to say that my copy of "Sanctuary II" (2CD/DVDA-V) arrived today, and since I'm off tomorrow, I should have lots of time to listen to it and report back with a full review and poll vote! :)

While we are all celebrating the good news that is the Pink Floyd Early Years Box Set, let me share some more good news that befell me today!
I just received this wonderful Multichannel SACD in the mail, shipped to me for a total order of $26!
s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

The eBay seller (foolishly) listed it as a 'CD' instead of an 'SACD', so no one was really bidding high on it, allowing me to scoop it up for that great price, and it sounds wonderful! :)

While we are all celebrating the good news that is the Pink Floyd Early Years Box Set, let me share some more good news that befell me today!
I just received this wonderful Multichannel SACD in the mail, shipped to me for a total order of $26!
s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

The eBay seller (foolishly) listed it as a 'CD' instead of an 'SACD', so no one was really bidding high on it, allowing me to scoop it up for that great price, and it sounds wonderful! :)

Yep...that happens sometimes on Ebay...or Ebay groups it in with the wrong format and people searching never see it....I need to get my copy out...it's been a long time since I played it...that's a good price RT(y)

Maui Wowie - Kenny & Jim (One of them fancy Super Audio Compact Discs.. in Surroundaphonic Sound.. and around.. and around..!!)

In other words..
Full Sail - Loggins & Messina (Hybrid MultiCh SACD)

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

...Man, am I gonna play the ********* (I don't even know what word that is!) out of this one later!!!!

:wave

:worthy

:woopie

:violin
:nuke

Maui Wowie - Kenny & Jim (One of them fancy Super Audio Compact Discs.. in Surroundaphonic Sound.. and around.. and around..!!)

In other words..
Full Sail - Loggins & Messina (Hybrid MultiCh SACD)

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

...Man, am I gonna play the ********* (I don't even know what word that is!) out of this one later!!!!

:wave

:worthy

:woopie

:violin
:nuke

Now,,,behave yourself!!!!!

:smokin

Re: What's the latest Multichannel SACD or DVD-A added to your pile? - Volume 2
Early Hours - Eleanor McEvoy (Hybrid MultiCh SACD)

Just received this and gave it a listen. Wondering what your thoughts are on it?

Re: What's the latest Multichannel SACD or DVD-A added to your pile? - Volume 2
Early Hours - Eleanor McEvoy (Hybrid MultiCh SACD)

Just received this and gave it a listen. Wondering what your thoughts are on it?

lovely music, great voice (for the most part.. and it's fun hearing her diction and Celtic inflection on things like the word "love" in the title track!)..

mastered a bit bright and bass-y for my tastes (smiley EQ'd?) and it has to be said a less than perfect surround mix.. lead vocals often come across as overloud relative to everything else since it appears they've been mixed pretty much in equal measure in all 3 channels across the front.. I thought it was mixing 101 you lower lead vocals in Front L&R or lower them in the Centre if you're going to put them in all 3 front channels, to balance things out..?

also the rears are kinda underused, not such a problem for folksy music without any whizzbangs going on but often there's just v.sparse instrumentation back there.. occasionally something more interesting happens, the odd BV here and there, keys/percussion, horns and such.. but why not pan some more stuff back there.. not just as a gimmick because "you can" but because it might actually enhance things..?

ah well it's still nice, it's genuine surround (I was dreading ambience only :eek: ) and it's readily out there cheap..
I'd say go for it (despite my gripes I'd say it's worth your while, really..!
:D )

Monsterworks Black Swan Annihilation DVD Audio(24/48). There are definitely authoring errors on this disc. I am pretty sure the channels are mixed up all over the place, including center as rear left and fronts should be rears. I have sent them a message. One play in Oppo 93 and disc is a mess. Scratches, marks. Really terrible discs.

Richard Thompson: Rumor and Sigh dvd-a.

For the last 3 days I've been doing something I've never done before...caddieing!; and getting paid for it. This was at a Canadian Women's Mid-Amateur Championship near my town. I'd been passing on this dvd-a for years but today I decided I'd treat myself with my new-found earnings. The caddieing was a lot of fun. I was getting paid $40 per round and my player gave me a bonus of $20 for today's final round because I did such a great job. Wow!

Back