What's the latest Multichannel SACD or DVD-A added to your pile? - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh yeah. Well, if the damned disc itself would say DVD-V instead of DVD-Audio that would make it a lot easier to remember what the heck we have.

I hear ya on that one, Gene. Still pissed off at that screw-up, and there's plenty more like it, unfortunately… (n) :( :violin :mad: :confused:

I hear ya on that one, Gene. Still pissed off at that screw-up, and there's plenty more like it, unfortunately… (n) :( :violin :mad: :confused:

I know, happens all the time. When you purchase SO many discs, it gets hard to remember if you actually have a DVD-V (with audio) or a "real" DVD-Audio. I'm seriously filling up a whole closet with discs....I'm on fire with purchases in the last 12 months. :)

Hopefully not off topic, but I think your point about this thread begs the question...where would we put a recent purchase that is actually a "box" of sorts. Like Steve Hackett Live at Royal Albert Hall? I mean, it has a DVD-V (audio) of the concert and it also has a blu-ray video of the concert. I guess this would simply be mentioned in the thread about the title... I guess...

Hopefully not off topic, but I think your point about this thread begs the question...where would we put a recent purchase that is actually a "box" of sorts. Like Steve Hackett Live at Royal Albert Hall? I mean, it has a DVD-V (audio) of the concert and it also has a blu-ray video of the concert. I guess this would simply be mentioned in the thread about the title... I guess...

It can either go here:
https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/fo...ncert-Music-Related-NO-5-1ALBUMS-DVD-A-QUADIO

Or here:
https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/fo...Blu-Ray-or-Blu-Ray-A-Concert-or-Music-Related

Richard Thompson: Rumor and Sigh dvd-a.

For the last 3 days I've been doing something I've never done before...caddieing!; and getting paid for it. This was at a Canadian Women's Mid-Amateur Championship near my town. I'd been passing on this dvd-a for years but today I decided I'd treat myself with my new-found earnings. The caddieing was a lot of fun. I was getting paid $40 per round and my player gave me a bonus of $20 for today's final round because I did such a great job. Wow!

Caddieing with the ladies eh.. nice! .. it's at this point I feel the urge to make a gag about getting a hole in one.. but that'd probably not be cricket, I mean golf.. so instead I shall say "Good job on finding that v.rare (and v.nice) DVD-Audio disc! Hope you enjoy it as much as the caddieing! :upthumb

I know, happens all the time. When you purchase SO many discs, it gets hard to remember if you actually have a DVD-V (with audio) or a "real" DVD-Audio. I'm seriously filling up a whole closet with discs....I'm on fire with purchases in the last 12 months. :)

That's why I had to come out of the closet! There was no room in there for all the discs! :ugham:
(I said discs! :p )

Caddieing with the ladies eh.. nice! .. it's at this point I feel the urge to make a gag about getting a hole in one.. but that'd probably not be cricket, I mean golf.. so instead I shall say "Good job on finding that v.rare (and v.nice) DVD-Audio disc! Hope you enjoy it as much as the caddieing! :upthumb

Ah yes, it was a rather unique experience. :) Nice to do once but I'll likely not do it again. Next time I might not be in good enough shape to make it!

I was able to get great prices on these titles. I've never thought that I would own them but I actually like the music more than I thought I would.

Grateful Dead - American Beauty (DVD-A)
David Crosby - If I Could Only Remember My Name.... (DVD-A)
Graham Nash - Songs For Beginners (DVD-A)

Ah yes, it was a rather unique experience. :) Nice to do once but I'll likely not do it again. Next time I might not be in good enough shape to make it!

You're a great member here, you know, imho :eek: ..good to have you around buddy, I'm sure we will have the pleasure of your company for many years to come :)

I was able to get great prices on these titles. I've never thought that I would own them but I actually like the music more than I thought I would.

Great finds, Simon! Can't all have been cheap nowadays..
Do you have the Workingman's Dead DVD-A already?
The sound quality on that is to die for, imho.

Great finds, Simon! Can't all have been cheap nowadays..
Do you have the Workingman's Dead DVD-A already?
The sound quality on that is to die for, imho.

Two out of the three were sealed which is pretty neat.

I don't have Workingman's Dead and I have no plans on getting it as the songs just don't grab me. I'm sure the mix and fidelity are great but I've decided to only buy the discs I know I was going to play regularly.

Two out of the three were sealed which is pretty neat.

I don't have Workingman's Dead and I have no plans on getting it as the songs just don't grab me. I'm sure the mix and fidelity are great but I've decided to only buy the discs I know I was going to play regularly.

Ahhhh.. it's always a lovely feeling to rip open that cellophane isn't it! :smokin

Fair enough (y)

R.E.M. - Green (CD/DVD-A)
R.E.M. - Out Of Time (CD/DVD-A)
I need another 4 albums to complete my R.E.M. MCH collection!:music

For All We Know: American-Dutch All Stars (Hybrid MultiChannel SACD).

An interesting (and afaik rather less well-publicised?) Surround album from The Netherlands; the American-Dutch musicians are.. John Marshall on Trumpet & Flugelhorn, Hod O'Brien on Piano, Jacques Schols on Bass & Peter Ypma on Drums.

Recorded at Wisseloord Studios by Polyhymnia, so there's a potential Ronald Prent/Darcy Proper connection maybe? (Which to me would be a good thing! :D )

Don't know any details of the nature of the Surround mix and sound quality as haven't had a chance to get it out the shrinkwrap yet but hope to in the next 48 hours or so! :banana:

Edit:
SACD0146_1.jpg

Last edited:
I found a really nice dvda of Grateful Dead American Beauty sitting on a shelf at Half Price Books today. I already have it but thought it looked lonely, so I picked it up and asked a friend if he wanted it. He said yes and was very pleased with the 16 dollar price tag. I went up to the counter and asked if I could speak to the person who purchases most of the music. I was told by a clerk that I have never seen that they all do. I then asked if any other titles had been bought by them when they got that one. She said " I don't know." That is why I still try and hit the store once a week and am now kicking myself because I skipped last week and all of a sudden there is a dvda on their shelf. My wife tells me that I should just go because I ALWAYS feel like I might be missing something. She is usually correct. Scott

I found a really nice dvda of Grateful Dead American Beauty sitting on a shelf at Half Price Books today. I already have it but thought it looked lonely, so I picked it up and asked a friend if he wanted it. He said yes and was very pleased with the 16 dollar price tag. I went up to the counter and asked if I could speak to the person who purchases most of the music. I was told by a clerk that I have never seen that they all do. I then asked if any other titles had been bought by them when they got that one. She said " I don't know." That is why I still try and hit the store once a week and am now kicking myself because I skipped last week and all of a sudden there is a dvda on their shelf. My wife tells me that I should just go because I ALWAYS feel like I might be missing something. She is usually correct. Scott

Your wife is a very wise woman.. :)

imho.. Any spouse who tells their husband/wife/partner to go to the record store more often is the perfect partner, to be cherished and held onto for dear life..

..unless of course they want to dispatch their husband/wife/partner to the store for as long as possible in order to carry on an affair with someone else..!!!!

Yours, conspiratorially,
FB :)

Great discs ! They were among my earlier acquisitions. The David Crosby record ding is awesome.

Back