What's the latest Multichannel SACD or DVD-A added to your pile? - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was able to get great prices on these titles. I've never thought that I would own them but I actually like the music more than I thought I would.

Grateful Dead - American beauty. A completely different experience compared with the original. They used some alternate takes

I was able to get great prices on these titles. I've never thought that I would own them but I actually like the music more than I thought I would.

Grateful Dead - American Beauty (DVD-A)
David Crosby - If I Could Only Remember My Name.... (DVD-A)
Graham Nash - Songs For Beginners (DVD-A)

Simon, not sure if you own it or already know the album, but if you enjoyed American Beauty, you should definitely get Working Man's Dead. Excellent music and mix!

Edit: Oops! Looks like FB already mentioned that one to ya, and you already gave your answer. Nevermind! :)

Simon, not sure if you own it or already know the album, but if you enjoyed American Beauty, you should definitely get Working Man's Dead. Excellent music and mix!

Edit: Oops! Looks like FB already mentioned that one to ya, and you already gave your answer. Nevermind! :)

Great minds think alike, VK! ;)

To me, that Workingman's Dead DVD-A is so special in 5.1, its like a different album compared to the Stereo.. and the sound quality is extraordinary.. but Simon's not interested so there you go, you pay's yer money you takes yer choice, he buys loads of stuff as it is, something's gotta give! :D

At last

Rabih Abou-Khalil - Cactus of Knowledge DVD-Audio

dcc6r862a7v4mj2ad.jpg

Herbie Hancock - Thrust Hybrid SACD

dcc6u3sghpk9jg2mt.jpg

:)

I figured it was worth picking up for 10 British pounds. Don't see these very often.

IMG_1555.MOV.mov

Attachments

• image-3706037620.jpg
    image-3706037620.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 134
Any good? :cool:

Haha.. it does look potentially exciting (a DVD-A I'd never heard of before.. had you?)

No idea what the surround is like yet, sorry.. I've barely got a chance to draw breath at the moment let alone play any music.. but if I can when I get back in later tonight I will try and give it a quick spin and post back to let you know any 1st impressions etc.. soon! :)

Haha.. it does look potentially exciting (a DVD-A I'd never heard of before.. had you?)

No idea what the surround is like yet, sorry.. I've barely got a chance to draw breath at the moment let alone play any music.. but if I can when I get back in later tonight I will try and give it a quick spin and post back to let you know any 1st impressions etc.. soon! :)

No, a complete and (hopefully) pleasant surprise :banana:. Your thoughts will be appreciated :bounce

Lionheart - Special Edition : Saxon (CD + DVD-A)

Well.. the good news is.. it is a genuine MLP DVD-Audio... :wave

...the not so good news, I guess, would be...

1.) as you can see its PAL, which might cause a problem for some of our QQ members based in NTSC video based territories,
2.) more importantly the surround mix is not that great.. there are unique elements that pop up in the rears but for a lot of the time it feels like big/double stereo..

still, it sounds pretty good and its a nice package in a cute little presentation box with a cool kinda lanyard and stuff and it is pretty cool to have more of this kind of music in Hi-Res Surround DVD-A form..! :upthumb

Well.. the good news is.. it is a genuine MLP DVD-Audio... :wave

...the not so good news, I guess, would be...

1.) as you can see its PAL, which might cause a problem for some of our QQ members based in NTSC video based territories,
2.) more importantly the surround mix is not that great.. there are unique elements that pop up in the rears but for a lot of the time it feels like big/double stereo..

still, it sounds pretty good and its a nice package in a cute little presentation box with a cool kinda lanyard and stuff and it is pretty cool to have more of this kind of music in Hi-Res Surround DVD-A form..! :upthumb

I've got around 250 DVD-A discs, and I've never run into one that was coded PAL or NTSC. Never seen or heard of one either, so I don't know what's going on with that. I've always thought that that was only DVD-V where that happens, because they're authored as video DVDs. Right or wrong?

I've got around 250 DVD-A discs, and I've never run into one that was coded PAL or NTSC. Never seen or heard of one either, so I don't know what's going on with that. I've always thought that that was only DVD-V where that happens, because they're authored as video DVDs. Right or wrong?

Absolutely no idea, sorry matey you're asking the technophobe of the board! :eek: ...but I'm sure one of the technobods here will see your Question and be able to give you a fulsome response! :)

Let me check the settings on my BDP, just to be sure its not some setting my end.. I'll be back, like Arnie! :D

Oh EDIT: Hang on, doesn't the back of the box for this one say it is PAL..?? I'll check that later too

EDIT: Yes it does say its PAL on the back of the packaging in my previous post here..
got to go I'm trying to get some work done this afternoon and failing dismally...!!! :yikes

I noticed NTSC on some of the Panegyric titles I just looked at, but this one is the only one I've ever seen with PAL on the screen and on the package. I've got some audio DVDs (like the Genesis Gabriel box) where they won't play, but that's it, really.

AFAIK, almost all DVD-A/V discs are NTSC, and if they don't say, chances are they are still NTSC.
This disc above appears to be one of the exceptions, not the rule.

:)

Back