Radio Shack sale

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scifi

500 Club - QQ All-Star
Radio Shack is going out of business and is having sales at its stores. I bought 3 25ft. rolls of 12 gauge silver plated OFC speaker cable, each for $12 (was $39) and some 8GB flash drives for $8 a piece and a couple other things on sale.

All of them are closing? I thought someone bought 'em out and was keeping 'em open.

We had four in a 15 mile radius, three in higher rent areas closed, the one in a somewhat low-rent area (near me) is still open.

They should have stuck with recording tape and never switched over to phones.

They used to sell copies of most popular audio equipment, avr's -speakers etc. It seems the store did much better when selling electronic components. The old phrase applies here-If it works, don't fix it!

The store nearest to where I live looks perfectly normal from the outside. No closing soon signs or anything.

In the UK they were called Tandy and went many many years ago. I recall in the catalogue everything had a ! after everything e.g. 2k2 resistor!, guaranteed!.

Before my "audiophile" days...whenever you needed a "thing a ma jig" or a "do fling ee" or any type of connector..Radio Shack was the place to go..and they were cheap too...they had a great run...

Me too! Used to love browsing there. Before Best Buy, I bought several receivers and under dashes there. Great memories...

I am from Cleveland Ohio on the west Side in Brooklyn,ohio and there are 3 by us , but some are still open.

huggy

Back