DVD, CD/DVD 5.1 NO PACKAGE INDICATION IT IS SURROUND!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That sticker, btw, was on the shrinkwrap and the only way I knew it was surround.

Can't trust just a DolbyDigital - emblem by itself to ascertain it is surround I'm afraid.

I wonder how many with just that "DD emblem" are actually surround after all.This seems to be a Sony/Columbia Records mystery for the most part, would it kill them to include the 5.1 or surround indication as well ????:rolleyes:

Alan Parsons dual disc Valid Path. Doesn't state anywhere it is surround (dts 5.1 as far as I remember).
Nine Inch Nails dual disc With Teeth. 5.1 high res DVD-A.

Nice surround in both cases.

I almost forget a great indie album from a band called Lilium: CD/DVD-A Short Stories. Great music and 5.1 mix. It has dts, dolby and high res mixes. Nothing indicates in front or back covers the DVD content.

Must have.

Here's a "buyer beware" disc

Indicated as 5.1 DD but in no way is it. (maybe I got a bad copy ?)

Amon Duul 's first disc.

20160930_192300.jpg20160930_192312.jpg

Here's a "buyer beware" disc

Indicated as 5.1 DD but in no way is it. (maybe I got a bad copy ?)

Amon Duul 's first disc.

View attachment 27609View attachment 27610

This is not Amon Düüls first disc, but a Video with an early Amon Düül concert, interspersed with some nature films of a sunrise, IIRC.

The first record of Amon Düül of the same name is studio recordings.

I have this DVD, too, but with a big plastic case. I've never seen this in a cardboard cover. My copy is from Repertoire, too.

-Kristian

This is not Amon Düüls first disc, but a Video with an early Amon Düül concert, interspersed with some nature films of a sunrise, IIRC.

The first record of Amon Düül of the same name is studio recordings.

I have this DVD, too, but with a big plastic case. I've never seen this in a cardboard cover. My copy is from Repertoire, too.

-Kristian

Thanks for the info, Kristian

Is your DVD in stereo or 5.1 ?

Thanks for the info, Kristian

Is your DVD in stereo or 5.1 ?

It says on the back "Original Mono + optional Surround Sound", but in reality it has two audio options, both Stereo Dolby Digital. To my ears they are equal.

And the audio is heavily out of sync!!!

-Kristian

Elvis Costello's 2nd season of "Spectacle" produced by David Furniss and Sir Elton.

This is the Blu-ray and no where does it indicate it's in 5.1.
It is in DTS 5.1, superb performances interspersed with interesting Music history by excellent Iconic guests.

The surround is mostly some "slapback" ambience but the artist's performances are stellar. And Elvis does a "mash-up" with every artist of one of their popular tunes.

20161216_193317.jpg20161216_193326.jpg

no doubt the dvd is 5.1 also with no indication.

Back