The Truth About Olivia Newton-John Revealed

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Obbop

600 Club - QQ All-Star
Since 2002/2003
w2o1_1280.jpg

Above is a pic of a youthful Olivia Newton-John with what has to be a quad reel-to-reel behind her. Oh yeah.

Above is a pic of a youthful Olivia Newton-John with what has to be a quad reel-to-reel behind her. Oh yeah.
most likely she just had then a truckload of money to buy quad system, without slightest clue about it's purpose.
at least if she was quad addicted, with her weight in pop music at 70s she was able to demand from a label to do
some of her albums into quad.

most likely she just had then a truckload of money to buy quad system, without slightest clue about it's purpose.
at least if she was quad addicted, with her weight in pop music at 70s she was able to demand from a label to do
some of her albums into quad.

Who cares...she still looks HOT next to the equipment....and that's all that matters. lmao

She was quite the cutie, eh? I have a handful of early 45 picture sleeves from various countries, and the young Olivia's material was superior to some of the (albeit successful) junk to come. Can't say I feel bad that no quad for her was ever released, it's the kind of pop that for me was always grating as hell, sonic syrup that could kill any diabetic within earshot. But the early material was kinda refreshing, and her cover of Dylan's "If Not for You" was appealing, at least to this listener.

ED :)

this thread should be renamed "All things Livvie" ;) ...
for those of you on FB there is a page called "Melody Maker says.." where they post the MM issue from exactly 50 years ago; it's a treat for me and any music fan.
This week is a picture of a very young Olivia...here goes....

MM ONJ.png

Back