Listening to Now In DSD Downloads - Multichannel, Stereo or Mono

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Patsy Cline "Greatest Hits". Great disc other than cover versions of several songs. I miss the steel guitar on Walkin' After Midnight. Yes I can listen to this disc over and over with no problem and I wish Mobile Fidelity would learn how to make discs' that sound as good as this one.

That's a winner. Shows how a classic Analog Master Tape can be transferred to Hybrid Stereo DSD and a Stereo DSD Download with great results! Kudos to the Acoustic Sounds/Analogue Productions team on this one.

Some swingin' Frank Sinatra from a Stereo DSD Download with the Lampizator DSD DAC.

Sinatra Swingin Brass.jpg
Frank Sinatra - Sinatra & Swingin' Brass (Universal Music/Sinatra Digital Reprise XUNI93776D64)
http://store.acousticsounds.com/d/1...ngin_Brass-DSD_Single_Rate_28MHz64fs_Download

Patsy Cline-Patsy Cline's Greatest Hits SACD...just got this one today and decided to listen to it...this was a curiosity buy for me...I'm not a country music lover...but her voice just got to me...she has this tortured quality in her vocal range...just unique and powerful...not the soft and cuddly type..this disc is so so impressive...the sound quality is like the Nat King Cole discs..which I hold in high regard..and I'm hearing a lot of these songs for the first time and I like them...I had heard Crazy and I Fall To Pieces...but none of the others...and they are excellent...

That's a good one. Have it here on Stereo DSD Download. Worth a listen !

The Doctor by Doc Powell on Fone. Jazzy guitar instrumentals backed by an all-star trio of musicians.
A David Manley recording, transferred from the Analog Master Tape to DSD.

Out of print on Stereo SACD but now available again in Stereo DSD. Excellent with your favorite DAC and some headphones.
The Doctor Is In! :)

The Doctor - SACD046 - 400w.jpg

Doc Powell - The Doctor (Fone, Stereo DSD Download 046)
https://fonerecords.nativedsd.com/albums/the-doctor

Take One by Piltch and Davis (members of the original Holly Cole Trio) in Double Rate DSD Stereo (DSD 128fs). Excellent Jazz instrumental music. See write-up from Facebook below:

"Jazz Pianist Aaron Davis and Bass Player David Piltch are best known as members of the Holly Cole Trio. They've branched out a bit and together with friends Robert Piltch on Guitar, Kevin Breit on Guitar and Mark Kelso on Drums they've released a Jazz album titled "Take One" on the 2xhd label. It's a beautiful Jazz performance and recording and we have it today on Native DSD in your choice of DSD 64fs or DSD 128fs Stereo. Better yet, it's on sale for 10% Off through March 20th using the Offer Code "2xHD-10off". This album is not available on SACD.

2xHD says "This is a truly intimate and personal acoustic Jazz album from members of the Holly Cole Trio. It was recorded ‘off the floor’ on an analogue 1/2” tape recorder at 30 ips, non-Dolby, with no overdubs and then transferred to DSD. It is a wonderful spontaneous fusion of spirit. Whether playing simply as a duo, with Davis on piano and Piltch on acoustic bass, or with the occasional guest on some tracks, their dedication to the ‘spirit of ensemble music’ is palpable."

2XHDAR1036 - 400w.jpg

https://2xhd.nativedsd.com/albums/take-one

Second listen to my first DSD downloaded music file...

Stones - Let It Bleed.
Upon 2nd listen - wow! Sounds awesome....I mean, if a physical disc cannot be had, then this is an awesome alternative. Is it as fun as having the disc? Nope...but I'll get over it.

Song currently is Live With Me...it just rocks, sonics are over the top good, superior drumming, very punchy...vocals are outstanding. I can dig it man...

Stones - Let It Bleed.
Upon 2nd listen - wow! Sounds awesome....I mean, if a physical disc cannot be had, then this is an awesome alternative. Is it as fun as having the disc? Nope...but I'll get over it.

Song currently is Live With Me...it just rocks, sonics are over the top good, superior drumming, very punchy...vocals are outstanding. I can dig it man...

You are starting to freak me out....I thought you didn't like the Stones?...not Fred and Wilma...I mean the Rolling Stones...I expected you to go to the "darkside" sooner or later(downloads)...but this Stones thing is a new development...and a welcome one...this could be the beginning of Gos 3.0!

You are starting to freak me out....I thought you didn't like the Stones?...not Fred and Wilma...I mean the Rolling Stones...I expected you to go to the "darkside" sooner or later(downloads)...but this Stones thing is a new development...and a welcome one...this could be the beginning of Gos 3.0!

I know - you have a great memory....I historically have not given The Stones their due. But anybody with half a brain has to admit what they have contributed to music....I just never gave them a try. Let It Bleed is an awesome offering. I mean, at least in the DSD version I have I can truly hear their prowess....it's not muffled, or compressed or lacking in any sonic capacity. Just music and lyrics. It's awesome. This will be my only Stones I buy though.....this is enough for me to appreciate them and I'll listen to this often actually.

And yes...I know....the darkside. lmao. Thing is...if they are offering DSD on music not available otherwise in any hi-rez format....I guess I'll go that route. Well, in limited numbers. Sort of fun actually...

I know - you have a great memory....I historically have not given The Stones their due. But anybody with half a brain has to admit what they have contributed to music....I just never gave them a try. Let It Bleed is an awesome offering. I mean, at least in the DSD version I have I can truly hear their prowess....it's not muffled, or compressed or lacking in any sonic capacity. Just music and lyrics. It's awesome. This will be my only Stones I buy though.....this is enough for me to appreciate them and I'll listen to this often actually.

And yes...I know....the darkside. lmao. Thing is...if they are offering DSD on music not available otherwise in any hi-rez format....I guess I'll go that route. Well, in limited numbers. Sort of fun actually...

With your new appreciation of the Stones this would be a great time to watch THE BIG CHILL...just saying...some good tunes in that flick...

Stones - Let It Bleed.

Let me mention that getting a Stones album that sounds good is not as easy as you would think...lot's of bad sounding Stones discs out there...

Instant gratification...just downloaded DSD and now listening to...

ALAN PARSON'S PROJECT - I ROBOT

wow! Amazing....the 2nd tune called I Wouldn't Want To Be Like You damn near sounds surround in some fashion....I mean this is 2 channel, yet I swear the sound stage is as wide and deep as the room I'm sitting in....whoa. Killer. Impressive.

Stones - Let It Bleed.

That's a good one. From the original DSD tapes - created from the Analog Tapes of the Stones.

And speaking of ABKCO's DSD Downloads, be sure to checkout "Portrait of a Legend" by Sam Cooke in DSD Stereo. Another Analog Tape to DSD transfer. "Only Sixteen" is just amazing. :)

GOS;240276[B said:
Stones - Let It Bleed.[/B]

I remember getting that SACD, putting it on for the first time and finding the imaging so perfect that I literally had to get up and check the center speaker when Mick started singing during "Gimme Shelter". His voice was so perfectly placed that I didn't trust my ears and thought the speaker was firing.

Definitely my favorite Rolling Stones album. The SACD was my third digital copy and the first one that actually sounded good.

I remember getting that SACD, putting it on for the first time and finding the imaging so perfect that I literally had to get up and check the center speaker when Mick started singing during "Gimme Shelter". His voice was so perfectly placed that I didn't trust my ears and thought the speaker was firing.

Definitely my favorite Rolling Stones album. The SACD was my third digital copy and the first one that actually sounded good.

Yep - totally agree about Mick's voice. It really does come from the "center"....not sure how they pulled that off.

The Carpenters - Singles 1969-1981 (DSD Single Rate 2.8 MHz 64fs download)

Wow - this sounds absolutely fantastic.....

XUNI99636D64__95354__12192013105716-2432.jpg

Yes, some good DSD Downloads over at Super HiRez/Acoustic Sounds. And it helps when you have access to the original DSD audio as they did with this one.

Back