Listening to Now In DSD Downloads - Multichannel, Stereo or Mono

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Carpenters - Singles 1969-1981 (DSD Single Rate 2.8 MHz 64fs download)

Wow - this sounds absolutely fantastic.....

XUNI99636D64__95354__12192013105716-2432.jpg

Didn't know you liked them...I have the 1969-73 Singles SHM-SACD and it is excellent...

I'm really torn....so here is what I've had my eye on...

1. The Animals Retrospective
2. Beck Mutations
3. CCR Bayou Country
4. Ahmad Jamal

Some thoughts on your list:
1. The Animals is very enjoyable. The quality improves as the album goes on and the recordings get more recent.
2. Don't have this one.
3. Bayou Country is good. My favorite CCR DSD Download is their self-titled album "Creedence Clearwater Revival" with Suzie Q. Excellent!
4. The Ahmad Jamal "needle drop to DSD" download is amazingly good. I was very surprised with how good it sounds. Kudos once again to Gus Skinas at the Super Audio Center. Amazing.

Awesome...thanks for your perspective.

Some thoughts on your list:
1. The Animals is very enjoyable. The quality improves as the album goes on and the recordings get more recent.
2. Don't have this one.
3. Bayou Country is good. My favorite CCR DSD Download is their self-titled album "Creedence Clearwater Revival" with Suzy Q. Excellent!
4. The Ahmad Jamal "needle drop to DSD" download is amazingly good. I was very surprised with how good it sounds. Kudos once again to Gus Skinas at the Super Audio Center. Amazing.

I admit, I want to try the Santana...but concerned it sounds too thin...seems I have an older DTS Audio of Santana and I always felt it sounded way too thin and metallic. Have you heard DSD of that??

Glad to help. You have some good DSD Downloads to choose from on that list!

Another thing....with these downloads you always get some sort of album art I think. I guess I don't know why my Oppo doesn't read and display that art when listening to the music.... You know? I have the 103.

I admit, I want to try the Santana...but concerned it sounds too thin...seems I have an older DTS Audio of Santana and I always felt it sounded way too thin and metallic. Have you heard DSD of that??

Anybody giving you advice better consider your love of bass...just saying..a lot of what I like I'm sure you think is "thin"..we all have our individual tastes...

Another thing....with these downloads you always get some sort of album art I think. I guess I don't know why my Oppo doesn't read and display that art when listening to the music.... You know? I have the 103.

The Oppo 103 doesn't have an LCD that displays the album art. But it is on the downloads. You will see it on other players like the Sony HAP-Z1ES (front color LED panel) or on your PC music player app like JRiver.

No, the Abraxas DSD Download comes right from the DSD Cutting Masters. It's very full range in its sound, not thin. Very dynamic I'd say.

Sorry, I wasn't clear. I mean, just like a DVD-Audio playing through my Oppo....if I have my monitor on, I can see photos, or art. Similarly, I wondered why the Oppo can't show the art from DSD onto my monitor??

The Oppo 103 doesn't have an LCD that displays the album art. But it is on the downloads. You will see it on other players like the Sony HAP-Z1ES (front color LED panel) or on your PC music player app like JRiver.

Sorry, I wasn't clear. I mean, just like a DVD-Audio playing through my Oppo....if I have my monitor on, I can see photos, or art. Similarly, I wondered why the Oppo can't show the art from DSD onto my monitor??

If you have an Oppo 105 and use that player's DAC feature, the DSD art will show up on the PC/laptop you use to drive the DAC. But not on the TV screen.

Back