Listening to Now In DSD Downloads - Multichannel, Stereo or Mono

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great list. I already have a few of those titles from HDTracks (and am pleased with the SQ) but will definitely check out some others from the list. Thank you sir!

I suspect you'd find them to sound even better in DSD. But there are quite a few to choose from in the world of Jazz to be sure.

Brian - how about the Willie Nelson Stardust DSD? I think his classic voice would lend well to high res.

It's one that Willie Nelson fans will enjoy. But not at the level of the Analog and DSD recorded vocal albums on DSD download from Eric Bibb, David Elias, Elvis Stereo 57, etc.

I'm a sucker for 10% off......even thought that really isn't much of a savings...just saying. Anyhow...

From Acoustic Sounds...

DSD Download
Alan Parsons Project - Turn of A Friendly Card
XSON59094D64__104665__03272015020555-9020.jpg

I'm a sucker for 10% off......even thought that really isn't much of a savings...just saying. Anyhow...

From Acoustic Sounds...

DSD Download
Alan Parsons Project - Turn of A Friendly Card
XSON59094D64__104665__03272015020555-9020.jpg

I bought that for full price a few days ago. I guess that's why they decided it was a good time for a sale.

I bought that for full price a few days ago. I guess that's why they decided it was a good time for a sale.

It's an interesting one. Although I'd say that "I Robot" on DSD Download is the one to get first.

This thread will let everyone share what you're listening to today in Direct Stream Digital (DSD) Downloads - Multichannel, Stereo or Mono.

Some holiday music from the 2xHD - Naxos reissue series. Cantate Domino by the Oscar's Motet Choir features 17 tracks of songs best known as Christmas favorites. In this case, transferred from the Original Analog Master Tape to Double DSD (DSD 128fs). Sounds very nice. And already getting rave reviews including this one from Audiostream:

"I listened to a number of DSD 128 titles, but when I saw the old war horse, Cantate Domino from 2xhd - Naxos of America at Native DSD, I just had to go for it. The original Propius recording was recorded by Bertil Alving in 1976. The record was a popular audiophile showpiece back in those days.

The DSD 128 version of Cantate Domino was simply stunning when played back through the Wavelength Audio Crimson / Quotient DSD DAC. The immense acoustics of the hall were beautifully reproduced. The organ had power and weight of the real thing that’s due to the use of my Wilson subwoofer. The choir was beautifully captured in this recording with excellent resolution of the different voices. When the choir, brass, and organ played together, the sonic result was spectacular given the bloom and dimensionality of the recording."

Cantate Domino - 812864019605 - 600w.jpg

Cantate Domino - Oscar's Motet Choir (Stereo DSD128 Download, 2xHD-Naxos 812864019605)
https://naxos.nativedsd.com/albums/cantate-domino
http://www.audiostream.com/content/...hs-quotient-q1-dac-module-silver-transformers

It's good. But I'd have to say that "I Robot" on DSD Download is even better!

I don't know Brian...I have them both......both super impressive. I will say that Card required me to turn up the bass on my sub....but that's OK. I tell you, I've got it cranked up loud and it is super impressive!!! So pleased with both Parsons's. Bring on some more...

Dude - you are killing me....I wish you could properly play these DSD files.....you would be so impressed!!

I have no doubt about that, sacd is my favourite medium but when I bought my player Marantz was the cheapest option at the time (I wanted an OPPO but it was too expensive for me here) and I'm still very pleased with it, the only drawback is that it doesn't play dsd :(.

Back